Removable Disk

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Removable Disk.
  1. M

    unsolved BSOD issue windows 7

    had repeated random BSOD, sometimes after running the system for several hours, sometimes days apart. brought it to a microcenter and they found nothing wrong with the hardware. they replicated the BSOD, reinstalled windows, updated all drivers and BSOD continued. specs: CPU: A8 6600K Black...
  2. B

    Wrong motherboard sent

    I won a motherboard on ebay lga 1150. I have a i5 4440 (sr14f). nvidia GeForce GTX 650 PNY For video I won Gigabyte ga-z97mx-gaming 5, but received Asus z97m Plus guy said I could keep it or send it back and he would send me right one. Does it look like I should send it back the Gigabyte...
  3. T

    What is the best prebuilt PC for video editing under 800 dollars?

    What is the best prebuilt PC for video editing under 800 dollars? Prebuilt ONLY
  4. D

    PC not Booting

    I decided to try and build my first pc for gaming. I have connected everything and when I finally turned on the psu a light on the motherboard flashes the power button on the case glows but does nothing when pressed. What are the possible problems I should look for? System Properties:Intel...
  5. T

    A build that wil last!

    Hey guys i want to make a gaming/streaming and photo + video editing pc that wil keep playing games at 1080p at 60ish fps for the next 3-4 years. I wil be playing on a 32" LED tv (dont have room for a monitor aswel) in the future when i have more space and when prices come down im sure il...
  6. M

    The Silverstone RVZ01 or RV05

    That case should i get? The Silverstone Raven 05 or The Raven z01 /RV05-RVZ01 The RV05 is 80$ more and in a ATX case. The RVZ01 is a Mini-ITX case/HTPC case
  7. I

    Computer runs, but nothing shows up on the display

    So yesterday I finished building a gaming pc. I hooked it up to my monitor with a VGA to VGA cable to the MOTHERBOARD. I turn the computer on, all the fans run fine, you can hear the windows theme as it starts, but the display is not showing anything. So I tried taking out the graphics card. The...
  8. S

    New gaming system

    So I can't play arma 3 and dayz pretty good with my old build but how good should these specs be for my new build Ill have it done tomorrow 1. Intel i5 4690 2. Xfx R9 280x 3gb 3. MSI z97 Gaming 5 4. 8gb RAM 5. No overclocking
  9. M

    Low physics score in 3dmark (firestrike) with msi 970gtx and i5-3570k

    Just upgraded from HD7870 to a 970gtx. Ran 3dmark and everything looks good apart from the low physics score (5142) - best i can get. I have found a few other similar threads about this but know one seems to have an answer. Current rig: i5-3570k - stock GA z77-d3h rev 1.0 Corsair...
  10. F

    My graphics card had performed bad and after upgrading I feel it may have been because I had it connected to a 4x pcie slot

    does it make a difference which slot i put it in? 16x or 4x?
  11. R

    Install Amd Radeon Graphics card => BSOD

    Hi i reformatted to windows 7 and saw that i could not play games. Then i realize i did not install graphic card driver. So i used this website http://support.amd.com/en-us/download to download "amddriverdownloader.exe" . It installed and restarted my pc. Then i had this bsod. So i rebooted...
  12. J

    Do CD games get patches??

    A friend just got me Assassins creed unity as a gift and i remebered that the optimizations were pretty bad for this game , so i was wondering , do you guys know if games on a cd still get patched by new pathes released by ubisoft ??
  13. S

    Call of duty advance warfare ready

    So I have AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8Ghz MSI A55M-E33 Rosewill fbm-01 650w psu 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @1600 Sapphire vapor x R9 270x oc edition 1080p resolution Will this be able to run the game decently or is there something I should upgrade? The CPU won't be a problem?
  14. A

    Upgrade RAM question

    I have a Gateway 6800-01e. When I look up the max RAM it says I can use PC3-8500 so my question is could I put PC3-12800 in and it just run at the lower speed?
  15. G

    Slinky Supercomputer Potential

    Guys, I want to know if the Slinky Supercomputer can handle 4k Gaming... Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exotic-High-End-Gaming-Computing-Desktop-Slinky-Supercomputer-TITAN-4-Way-SLI-/301055618270?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item4618502cde
  16. froller2

    Cat 6 UTP ethernet cable

    hey so i just ordered the Cat 6 UTP net cable but im not sure if its good or not as ive got no idea what the heck utp is, the cable is 20m long as it need to go from the end of my house to my room
  17. S

    Is this a good enough build?

    Hey, I currently have a not so great Laptop... and I'm thinking about upgrading to a higher end, gaming PC. I know the basics about specs, and what the best options are. And I believe this build is good enough to handle my needs, My needs being playing games like DayZ, Rust, Cs:Go, Payday 2...
  18. A

    User Profile Service failed the logon. Trouble is I have no access to get help

    When turning on my laptop it immediately goes to the logon. When I type in my password it tells me "the user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" I cannot change the password without this message coming up. The screen is otherwise totally blank, so I am unable to...
  19. 7

    Is 290x crossfire worth it for 1080p?

    My plan is to get another 290x for crossfire, but after checking many online reviews, it seems like 290x crossfire mostly provide better frame rate under higher resolutions such as 4k. And somehow under 1080p, 290x crossfire barely improves the frame rate when compared to a single 290x. For some...
  20. M

    Choosing a PC for analysis

    Hello fellows, I work with statistical analysis on a laboratory of genomics and I have a question on PCs, because I live in Brazil I prefer to buy computers abroad, so it cannot be custom build. Right now Im not sure about what PC should I buy. I have found this 3 options, and I must be...
  21. clearfork4pk1ng

    Upgrading Need Opinions AND Help

    Alright so basically i'm planning to upgrade from my current build and im trying to figure out if the PSU that I am currently using is going to be enough to get the job done. I do a pretty good amount of gaming on this computer and intend to in the future. My displays will remain dual monitor...
  22. K

    PSU for sapphire toxic r9 270x

    can anyone recommend a not so expensive psu for toxic r9 270x,i was using corsair vs 650w,but after 2 days of usage,the psu is not working and i'm suspecting the gpu ruined it
  23. A

    Graphics card for Watch_Dogs

    Hi everyone! I want to know how to get a stable frame rate for Watch_Dogs, I currently have a GTX 650 Ti Boost, it was running the game almost "burning" itself just at medium settings, and for example when I move the camera quickly around, the frames drop to 20-30, and sometimes it reach a...
  24. T

    Looking for a gpu upgrade

    Alright, in 2011 I bought a Dell XPS 8300 (only way to get a pc at the time, long story, settled on a Dell just to have a pc), here is what's in it: Intel i5 2400 (3.1 ghz quad core) Windows 7 64 bit 12 gigs ddr3 1333 Radeon 6670 460 watt dell psu Single 24" dell monitor, 1080p res Part of my...
  25. A

    Overclocking 7950 with trixx, would like to get better FPS

    Just seeing if anyone has a stable setting in trixx to increase my fps in thief... like what GPU clock, MEM clock, VDDC,an power limiter they have set... sapphire 7950 is the card
  26. C

    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 290 WINDFORCE 3X OC BF4 Edition 4GB GDDR5

    I am thinking of purchasing a r9 290 is this version any good I have xfx 850 watt psu GIGABYTE Radeon R9 290 WINDFORCE 3X OC BF4 Edition 4GB GDDR5 £ 349.99 and comes with a free copy of bf4
  27. J

    Windows 8 Dual Boost!

    I'll just cut and paste my post in here - Thanks for your help! I'm just getting into this whole 'PC' thing, so Any help would be appriciated! Ta! Just a few quick questions. 1) If I buy a PC, Install windows 8. Is it possible two install another operating system. Is obviosuly wouldn't be...
  28. D

    is the intel core Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB compatible with cyberpower

    im thinking about getting a Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K to add to my PC which has AMD Radeon HD 7750
  29. M

    clean hard drive

    How do I clean this laptop but need to keep the OS and Microsoft Office
  30. T

    Integrated Graphics Question

    So I have a computer with integrated graphics and recently the video port has stopped working. I was wondering if I plug in a gpu, and plug in the monitor through that, will it fix the problem. Additionally, will plugging in a gpu take the place of the integrated graphics? The integrated...
  31. A

    I need help with my display resolution.

    I installed a new graphics card today(an amd hd 7750). My problem is with HDMI, whenever i hook my pc up to my monitor with HDMI the screen resolution, even though i set it to 1920x1080 its definitely not 1920x1080.. But, if i got into a full-screen game and set the resolution to 1920x1080 it...
  32. F

    new pc questions?

    well guys i was planing to get a new pc for like 2 or so months but i dont need it yet this is the build i wanted cpu:i5-3570K gpu:Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-2GB psu:Corsair Professional Series HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850) motherboard:Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD...
  33. A

    Challange question: Please help of RAID array

    Hi I am planing to build an cost effective storage solution, RAID 50 with 6 x ST1000MD003 Seagate SATA drives, which the virtue disk size is about 4TB. The RAID array was created successfully, but when I try to full initialize, the RAID card crashed and I got a error report when I restart...
  34. U

    Key-combos for Styles?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I'm needing some keyboard shortcuts for applying styles. Do any already exist within Word 2000? Specificially -- Default paragraph font -- Normal style -- Heading 1 style -- Heading 4 style -- Thanks! <*((((><{...
  35. G

    Linux and Acard AEC-6897 PCI-X ATA controller?

    Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I'm in the market for a four-channel PCI-X 64-bit ATA (not SATA) controller card (<URL:http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=slrncvkvig.phj.ylee%40pobox.com>) and was referred to the Acard AEC-6897...
  36. N

    I'm out of ideas......

    I don't know what else to do or where to go from here. First of all, I'm running Windows XP on an Athlon XP 2400+ on a biostar MB, 1Gb of PC3200 DDRram, 8Gb & 80Gb HDDs, HP dvd200i 2.4x dvd+r burner and an NEC ND3520 DL dvd+r burner...that being said, here's my story. - I haven't had to need...
  37. J

    scan disk and defrag

    Hi, this is my first time here. A friend told me about this site. I have a Compaq Presario computer, Windows 98 se. Just over a year ago, it needed a new hard drive. CompUSA put a new drive in. Since then, I have not been able to scan disk and defrag, even in safe mode. Now I am getting errors...
  38. P

    slipstream xp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Hello everyone, I am thinking of slipstreaming sp2 with xp pro and also customising the installation by adding in extra programs, drivers etc using the features available in the Autostreamer program that I have...
  39. P

    Partitioning HD's

    I just bought an 80 GB (77)and wanted some advice on maximizing the drive through partitioning. I was thinking: 15 GB - windows & Swap file, 10 GB - Documents, 15 GB - Programs, 30 GB Music/graphics, and 7 GB Temp. What are your thoughts?