Rim

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Rim.
  1. K

    The currently installed soundcard driver does not support Direct Sound

    I installed Cubase Essential 5 on my new HP desktop and received this error message. This world is very new to me - what should I download?
  2. M

    newly put together pc wont start up | pc building noob stuck

    Ok, recently I tried to put together a new rig. So I did. As far as I see everything is plugged in. All I got left over is a perif cable which I don't know what to do with I first tested the motherboard on the box and listening to a new egg video on how to boot it without a case I put my...
  3. M

    i need 2 download c lagguage software for free download

    dear i want to download c language software free...plse help me..
  4. B

    Using monitor's headphone socket as well as Speakers?

    I've got a pair of Benq monitors, with headphone sockets. Connected using HDMI, and if I go to sound settings ('Playback devices') I can get the audio to route to the monitor's headphone socket, only if I choose speakers and disable them completely. Then to get the main speakers to work I need...
  5. C

    Quad Four Office PC

    Please give any suggestions or comments to my latest attempt for a my office PC. Notes: No need for superb graphics. Will be running 3 to 4 monitors I have a spare HD here for storage. The SSD will run OS. OS is Win7 pro x64 I like the case for the reasons it has a external HD dock and it...
  6. G

    Schematic diagrams for dell power supplies

    Hello,can i get help with dell power supplies schematic circuit diagrams?
  7. O

    English vs German Operating System

    Looking for advice on the value of using a DE OS in Germany. I am not fluent in German but found some trouble in the past with programs like TCom which were only engineered for DE Operating Systems. I am upgrading to Win 7 Ultimate. I could down load and OEM version in English or I use the...
  8. G

    Im new to this

    i have a dell 4500 pent4 cpu@3.06ghz w/1.0gigram and nvidia ge force6200. windxp pro sp3 (32).how much more ram and video ram can i add to the pc? will i be able to add more ram if i run winxp 64 or wind 7?
  9. G

    Hp graphic driver windows 7

    I urgently need a graphic driver for Windows 7. Using a HP Pavillion laptop
  10. R

    Wavy lines on laptop screen problem

    I have a hp dv6000. My son closed the lid firmly. Next time I booted it, the screen had wavy lines on it. Sometimes its hard to read print (especially color on color).
  11. P

    When I hit power button, screen goes black PLS HELP

    I am seriously at my limit spent 3 days I still cant figure it out, done probably 100 reboots. Contacted ASUS Support they are useless still in contact with them in troubleshooting this matter. This is my issue. When I hit the Power Button my screen goes black, before a bios revision it would...
  12. I

    My hp pavilion dv9000 screen is not display

    my hp pavilion dv9000 is not displaying but its boot allrite
  13. J

    Boot windows without ati drivers

    I am running Win7 and an ATI4670 and an ASUS P7P55D motherboard. All had been great until last week when I got the BSoD. The message said "video driver failed to initialize". I have tried all of the available Win 7 recovery options when booting using F8. Is there any way to reload all of the...
  14. K

    Hp dx2000mt pc motherboard layout front panel connections

    I'm looking for the motherboard specs and front panel connection info, please. Cannot find anything om www.hp.com other than general layout info
  15. T

    Black screen of death

    answer; I got hit on two laptops. The first one aspire one, I thought it was a bad acer product and took it apart and have something unhooked. So I bought a new acer and it got a black screen. T thought it was the bios, or virus, NOT.. The recovery wouldn't work on the hd setup so I went into...
  16. C

    Fx 8350 on new motherboard

    Hey guys! Just got my Fx8350 today. I was wondering if I can unplug my old AMD Phenom 2 from the MOBO and slide in the new FX without anything else. Is there any other adjustment i need to do? Mobo is Asus Sabertooth R2
  17. C

    What is the network security key for OWNER-HP_Network

    What is the network security key for OWNER-HP_Network?
  18. B

    Why my computer freeze up when i upgraded to windows 7

    I upgraded to windows 7 from vista and when I am on the internet my computer freezes
  19. G

    Is Optiplex GX 620 better than Optiplex 170 L

    Is Dell Optiplex GX 620 an upgrade (better) than a Dell Optiplex 170 L?
  20. S

    What are the advantages of a fresh install?

    I recently bought a new laptop (that my parents won't let me open until Christmas -.-) and a lot of the review that I read said something like "worked great after a fresh install." I'm just wondering why a brand new computer would need a fresh install of the OS. Is this something I should do...
  21. H

    Vga flash

    Hello, Have a HP presario V6305 NR-TL50 that has blank screen after computer firm tried to clean off Visa (C) and Win7 on (D). They were trying to reinstal only Visa. Help!!
  22. W

    Blue stack service

    error message does come up after start-what does it mean & how do I correct it?
  23. G

    CPU Fan for Dimension 8200

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I have a Dimension 8200 with a Pentium 4 2.8 Gig processor. Need a replacement for the fan that cools the processor -- any suggestions? Thanks! Jim
  24. C

    Window 7

    i am using window 7 with gx270 dell .i want audio , video and network driver
  25. S

    Error code "b6" and then "d6" on ASRock Extreme6

    Hello! This is my first build for a computer I want to dedicate to video editing. All new parts. I've gone over forums and I've found this problem with various responses. What happened: Connected everything, got power, fans, LEDs on -- but then got Error b6. No POSTING. (Also, I just read...
  26. K

    Need advice about new graphics card 290 vs 290x

    Hey! I'm looking for a graphicscard that will be able to handle 3 monitors of 1440p(7680x1440 resolution), since the titan for me is overpriced(would prefer cos the 6gb vram) and the 780 ti is out of the question since the 3 gb vram..... It's either the 290 or the 290x. I've heard that the 290...
  27. R

    stuck on attempting repairs

    I'm new to windows 8, trying to fix a month old notebook for a friend. Been reading other threads, here and elsewhere, and I seem to have a handle on fixing this thing. How long should it take to complete 'attempting repairs?' Its been stuck on it now for at least 8 hours, I started the...
  28. G

    Vgaoem fon missing or corrupt

    I tried with xp disc. This didn't work, unable to locate file. If anyone can help me get my computer up and running
  29. Dylan1999

    Make this build gaming worthy?

    So I have a mobo (i dont know what kind it is so dont ask) a psu (about 500w) a case, hard drives, os, optical drive, and a gpu (geforce 560ti twin frozr). All I need is a cpu and ram. I am getting the i7 950 and the corsair xms3 ram.6x4 or 6x8gb. I have a few questions. Should i get another...
  30. I

    Do I need EEC for a Home Server

    The board and Opteron CPUs I'm buying for a Home server supports DDR3 EEC RAM and DDR3 Non EEC RAM. However I'm not sure if I should spend extra on getting EEC RAM. I understand that for large work environments with multiple users accessing the server, EEC ram would be important. But this...
  31. L

    HMDi audio receiver and extended desktop

    I have two displays and an HDMI receiver connected to my GPU. For some reason a can't get a extended desktop and my audio going at the same time. When I enable the second display my HDMI receiver gets disabled since it's detecting the audio receiver as a display. I have no clue how to enable all...
  32. J

    something not right with fps

    something wrong with my computer. can someone please help me find the problem. Intel core 2 quad cpu Q9300 @ 2.50ghz 4gig ram gtx 460 i want to play metro last light but with all setting on low i cant get more than 10 fps. what do i need to do to get to 40 fps? (drivers are updated)
  33. ShiroItami

    New GPU or PSU: Computer Shut Down when Under Load (PSU Reports 2 short beeps)

    I recently bought a new GPU, a Gigabyte 770GTX 4GB Windforce towards upgrading my computer. I was planning on a new motherboard and CPU but meanwhile I'm sticking with what I have, since reportedly, despite bottle-necking, I will see improvements. So I decided to install my new graphics card and...
  34. B

    This is sucha nightmare... Someone help

    Okay so I got a new processor, wasnt working with my old Mobo, So I got a new Mobo. Simple right? No new Mobo didnt have IDE slots, so had to go buy a"Ultra PCI Express storage controller" problem solved! Not really tho, Old hard drive wont boot, gets bluescreen, okay makes sense other...
  35. B

    First Gaming PC Build

    Hi all, Looking to build my first PC and was hoping that someone could look over the build and let me know if I’m on the right track. I’m sure some of the parts are overkill or not enough, so any input, alternatives or suggestions are greatly appreciated. What I'm most nervous about it...
  36. thedude300

    Battlefield 4 virtually same FPS from low to Ultra.

    System: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce x3 2gb 1090T AMD 3.712ghz OC Hyper 212+ 8GB Corsair vengeance M4A89GTD PRO USB/3 Windows 8.1 I have very similar FPS when changing the settings from ULTRA to LOW and vice versa. I usually don't get lower then 44 fps and no higher than 124 fps depending...
  37. M

    Fractal R4 airflow question

    So I'm planning out my first PC build and I am wondering if this set up would work in the Fractal R4 case. This is my idea: http://i39.tinypic.com/6hojkw.jpg I want to use a Corsair H100i and I want to remove both of the hard drive cages and place the radiator in the front as an intake with a...
  38. L

    Packard bell igo 5000 series

    Hi everyone. Please anybody, help me!! Since i've updated my BIOS (downloadet from packard bell web site)I have a problem with laptop. Its freeze from time to time and giving blue error screen when i try to watch DIVx video (doesnt happen with Xvid and DVDs). Does anyone have original BIOS? Many...
  39. J

    Next build?

    I downloaded and burnt Windows 7 Build 7201, I'm going to install it on my new gaming rig next week when I get it, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the next build comes out?, and whats the official release date for Windows 7.
  40. O

    Intell and geforce gaming rig under 12000 suggestions

    Hey guys i have been trying to build a pc that has an intel processor and geforce gtx gaming card. I would like to know your suggestions on a build under or just a bit over 1200 dollars. And also what are your ideas on AMD video cards and cpus? i heard the cpus are pretty bad but the video cards...