Rim

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Rim.
  1. C

    Sony vaio laptop recovery disk

    My vaio recovery disk is faulty and pressing at boot f10 no vaio menu coming up, I can see a hidden partition. How can I restore my laptop to factory settings please?
  2. G

    Dell's Bogus 3-YR Extended warranty offer

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Last week I received a promotional letter from Dell offering an opportunity to "upgrade to 3 additional years of Dell's award-winning Limited Warranty." My orig. one year warranty ends in just 3 weeks so I needed to make a decision...
  3. C

    Work place

    I didnt give out the company name on facebook and I still get in trouble for making bad comments I dont see how they would know when I didnt give out a,name
  4. itixmix

    Amd beta drivers or non beta for r9 280x

    I am getting the MSI R9 280x on tuesday, so i was wonder if i should download the beta or non beta drivers from amd. Will the beta be stable and give me better frames rates, or should i just wait until amd releases a stable version. Also do you think I will get Battlefield 4 bundle up with this...
  5. M

    How do I make games run faster in my laptop?

    Hey guys, I have a Dell Latitude running Windows 7 2.40 GHz dual core processor 4.00 GB of RAM Intel GMA 4500 graphics Whenever I play Half Life 2 it has a bit of lag and the display is a bit glitchy because the ammo is displayed as the half part of 18 instead of a full 18. Please help
  6. S

    First time gaming PC build

    Hello everyone. I am very interested in building a gaming PC. I play a lot of Battlefield 3 and FPS on my ps3 and want to make the big switch. I will be starting out with no knowledge or experience with a gaming PC. I would like to keep a budget between $500-$750 but I will also have to get...
  7. J

    Effects of OS on HDD

    Hi I use vmware workstation for virtual OSes like windows 7/8/linuxes etc. And i mess a lot with them so often I need to install the os again and again in vmware. I use my external hdd for storing OSes but its slow, so I am thinking of using internal Seagate barracuda 1tb HDD. MY question is...
  8. J

    I bought Samsung a notebook and I am trying to install windows 7 via an external dvd and the notebook cannot recognize the ext

    New Dos notebook not recognizing external dvd rom for Windows 7 installation.
  9. F

    need a cheap graphic cards

    hye,im from a poor family,and i don't have enough money to buy a powerful graphic card and all i want to do is play callofduty blackops2 in my pc,can you guys find me a graphic card which is below 65$?
  10. sando99

    How to Disable Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) ?

    Hi guys, I saw the RST icon in my notifications, clicked on it and in RST Preferences I managed to hide the icon from the tray, but I want to completely stop that program. I read about it and I think is used only when you have RAID? Am I correct? I have only one 1TB HDD.
  11. chachee99-1390505

    COD Ghosts Turns my computer off!

    Sometimes when I play Ghosts, my computer will turn off in the middle of a multiplayer. I am not sure why this happens, but it ONLY HAPPENS with COD Ghosts. All of my other games work fine, including Battlefield 4. What could the problem be? My system specs are: AMD 8350 Stock speed M5A99A...
  12. S

    r9 270x compatible motherboard

    is the Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X compatible with the Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 Motherboard?
  13. P

    25 Digit Key Code

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Recently when I ran Belarc Advisor I found the 25 digit key code for Windows Xp. When I compared it to the key code on the label of the tower that came with the PC they were different. Which is the correct key code to use if I ever...
  14. JAYDEEJOHN

    Obama, BP, Apple and the Ruskis too?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mvIrPMctY&feature=player_embedded Please view with caution, as "they" may be watching :sol:
  15. C

    need help with new ssd

    Alright. I gave up trying to google the answer so I thought I would ask here. I just recently got my new 120gb ssd and have already installed windows 7 home premium and chosen the new ssd as the boot drive instead of the old hdd. My question is how do I now get all the drivers from the hdd onto...
  16. S

    System drivers isapnp sys

    Hello, So I decided to turn on a computer that's been in my closet offline for almost 2 years. It's telling me that the system\drivers\isapnp\sys file is either missing or corrupt. I checked out what microsoft has to say. Seems fairly self explanatory except I can't get to this system setup so I...
  17. G

    New App Brings Augmented Reality HUD to Your Windshield

    Augmented reality is the next big step for personal computing. Adding information overlays for life has a lot of practical applications, especially if you can avoid fiddling with your device while on the road. And now we can say "there's an app for that." New App Brings Augmented Reality HUD to...
  18. C

    Trying to install Ubuntu

    I'm trying to install Ubuntu and when I clicked something else to make Partitions there was 3 things of free space. One was like 130 MB or something and the other was like 10 MB. How do I add this free space to my Local Disk C:? I went in manage when you right click Computer on Windows 7 but the...
  19. S

    Best combo of modem(s) or router(s) for different wired connections

    Here's the situation, In one end of my house, we have the family computer along with a modem hooked up to it, that is in turn hooked up to a router providing a wireless signal. I am going to be building a gaming pc soon and will be putting that in my room. My room is on the complete other end of...
  20. S

    Screen Tearing with 60 Hz monitor

    Hello all, firstly I'd like to say that I bought a Nvidia GeForce GT 640 and I did not experience screen tear on my old graphics card. However, with this 640 I have been experiencing this screen tear, I have tried using the "adaptive" v sync option along with and without triple buffering within...
  21. L

    Help! Z87 Extreme4 only finds SSD 50% of the time

    Hey guys, I put together a new system this weekend and it has not all gone according to plan. I've research and dug around to try and find a solution to this with no avail. 50% of the time that I boot the machine the SSD is not detected by the BIOS and the machine does not boot. The other half...
  22. M

    WinXP service pack 2

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I downloaded and installed the latest updates and find my system tremendously slowed down. Is it from SP2?
  23. A

    [SOLVED] I cant delete files and folders from my rubbish bin on my mac

    I want to delete all the files and folders from my Rubbish Bin, on my Mac OS X. But when I go into the Bin, and I Click 'Empty', it does start, but a few seconds later, it says: 'The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003)' And its got two options...
  24. M

    please suggest me...

    sir, i am going to upgrade my pc...i would like to change Processor,.. Motherboard.., RAM.. already i have Nvidia GTX Geoforce gt610 2gb graphic card.. and HDDS.. i want to run big games..and animation programs..like after effects.. thats why i just want to change those three things my budget...
  25. C

    Need to know the name of a a component.

    I am making my computer based off of LinusTechTipses video and wanted to know what this part was http://youtu.be/roFb3TNePIg?t=23m38s He said he had to get an additional splitter, but I don't know which kind of splitter. Can someone help? Thanks
  26. P

    I'm building a gaming pc, but i need help

    I'm building a gaming pc for Christmas but I don't know what components to go for. I have a budget of 500 to 550 pounds if any one can help that would be great...thanks
  27. D

    IS this Ok?

    Hey guys. as you see in my sig i have an athlon x4 760k OCed @4.5ghz @1.5v. ive played Bf4 for like 4 hours straight and IBt is stable for 10 passes at maximum stress. I have had my PC Oced to this frequency for over a month 24/7. temperatures never go above 56 degrees under full load. However...
  28. G

    Enable hibernation for your friends!!!!!

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Good freaking grief. I can't tell you how many folk's system's I've come across (in casual "help me help me" scenarios :) ) that don't have hibernation turned on. Over and over. There is nothing like being able to hit the power...
  29. V

    [SOLVED] Hackintosh AMD Build Help!

    Hi I have recently built a new pc and have tried to boot 'snowleo' and 'iatkos v7' distro's. Although everytime I try to boot with either '-v cpus=1 busratio=20' it reboots or just hangs and gets no further. Here are my specs if anyone has any idea please let me know AMD Phenom II X4 955 (AM3...
  30. G

    won't go into standby DLA message

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) When I attempt to go into stand by mode I get the following message " DLA - The operation you have requested is not available because your primary recording device is being used by DLA. Close any files or windows...
  31. C

    HD5870 BSOD & Driver Problems

    Hey guys, My mate recently gave me his old HD5870 because he got an upgrade and it was better than my 5850, the only problem was the cards fan was broken and it would over-heat quite often! So i did a little custom job, i unplugged the current GPU fan and stuck a bigger CPU fan over it and now...
  32. J

    Are my pc parts compatible

    i would like to know if these parts are compatible with each other, and if i am missing anything. thanks Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227 Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB...
  33. T

    64GB RAM capable system for VMware lab

    I need to lab more at home, so I am looking into building a Windows 8 system running VMware workstation. Under workstation I will be running ESXi, vCenter, NFS Storage, and router VMs to create complex lab scenarios. I need 64GB of ram. My other option is to run ESXi on the system, with many...
  34. A

    Overclocking Problem or Else(Artifacts)

    Hello guyz i have ATi Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card and my PSU is 250W.After Overclocking it from AMD CCC it gpu clock is 690mhz from 650mhz and memory clock is 480mhz from 400mhz. i was playing GTA iv and then suddenly green artifacts or squares occurs in my screen hanging the game.I...
  35. C

    Invalid ip configuration

    Hello, I am currently getting invalid IP configuration when trying to use hardwired Ethernet cables. I have Comcast as an ISP, they recently have given me the Asoka plug-links that have been working fine until recently. About two days ago I tried using a splitter in one of the plug-links to be...
  36. H

    moniter is needed gor graphic card???

    is moniter is needed for graphic card cause i m buying radeon hd 7750 did it will affect my moniter or it is fine to run a graphic card on any moniter?????
  37. T

    Will these parts fit together and work correctly?

    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Racing Red, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 64mb Cache 8ms NCQ OEM Case: CiT Vantage Type-R Gaming Case Black HD 4x120mm Red Fans Card Reader w/o PSU Optical...
  38. jimmycooper16

    Will the R9 290 run on a 600W PSU

    I want to buy the R9 290 GPU but i cant find the system requirements anywhere. My computer has a 600W power unit. Will this be ok? i will be only buying just one.
  39. D

    HP ZR2440w - flaky power or just plain dead?

    Hi, I' m having problems with my HP ZR2440w monitor. It started about 3 weeks ago by sporadically going blank for 2 seconds and than returning back to normal. This past week it had started to not display anything when I boot my PC. It's not my graphics card, because I have a dual monitor...
  40. S

    how to connect laptop to tv using vga to hdmi cable having win8

    how to connect toshiba satellite laptop to led tv using vga to hdmi cable having win8 as OS. I get nothing on TV & laptop either?? is this feasible? thank you in advance for your time and effort