Soltek

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Soltek.
  1. B

    How to call from a payphone in Canada using a calling card to the USA free

    If a person is going to be limited to pay phone only calls from Canada, but they want to stay in touch with people in the USA, what are their options? I happen to have unlimited calling from USA to Canada, but the payphones either have the ringer turned off or they are set up to not take...
  2. S

    Need help people

    Hello guys just joined the forums today so hello to everyone :hello: :hello: :) :) :) So i have a Dell Inspiron 560s and the specs are 4gb ram-Hynix ddr3(2x2gb) graphics card-ati radeon hd 4350 512mb psu-i dont know (never cared) :pfff: motherboard-default dell 0k83v0 So my question is...
  3. S

    PCI video card not recogized fully

    Hello, I just installed a Radeon HD 6790 with the latest drivers, Windows 7 and Speecy both recognize it as a Radeon HD 6700 series card but when I run 3D Mark it only recognises it as a generic VGA adapter with 300Mhz clock speeds. Spec : Radeon HD 6790 Intel Q6600 6Gb DDR2
  4. M

    What kind of performance will I get on this new build?

    I will be playing BF3, cod, recording and editing. Have a HHD already. $750 budget(no OS, monitor, keyboard or mouse) maybe sli/crossfire. yes OC but i am new to it. CPU-Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072...
  5. K

    Video/Picture/3D rendering computer

    Hello, I have a close friend that has asked about a good video editing computer. I only build gaming systems so this is new territory for me. I figured I would ask my trusted Tom’s Hardware community for their opinion. He states: “The two major programs are Adobe Premiere CS6 and Adobe After...
  6. N

    AMD gaming pc

    Currently I have AMD Athlon 5600, ATI HD 3850, 4GB of Ram, so I think it's time to change my old pc. What I want is a new processor, motherboard and a graphic card.I think the RAM memory should be enough. I want to buy AMD because I feel that overall it's more value for money, and I don't have...
  7. G

    .

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) ...."The religious left in this country hates and despises the God of Christianity and Catholicism and whatever else," Rush Limbaugh said on his show April 27. "They despise it because they fear it and it's a threat, because that God has...
  8. T

    Good psu/build?

    Is this a good psu for this build? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010 The build is for gaming and it's i5 3570k Gigabyte z77 UD5H G.Skill Ares 8GB 1866 Evga FTW 670 Samsung 830 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD CM Hyper 212 EVO Artic Cooling MX-2 Thermal...
  9. A

    My computer is making a four times beep how to solve the problem

    How to maneg Scerin resolucation
  10. D

    Upgrading current gaming rig

    Hi guys, At the moment I have: AMD Phenom II x2 555 Asus MA89GTD PRO Unbranded RAM I'm going to upgrade to: i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Kingston HyperX 1600 CL9 I'm on a budget of £350, and I mostly buy from amazon.co.uk Just wondering if there's anything worth changing before I buy...
  11. M

    $1300 build good or bad?

    NZXT Lexa S Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060 Intel i5 3570k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504 MSI Z77A-G45 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130645 WD 500GB HDD...
  12. B

    New Gaming Build $800 - $1200

    Country - USA Can use Newegg or Microcenter Use Gaming, watching movies, surfing, plan to play Guild Wars Ii, Planetside II Parts I have Asus VH236H 23"2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD Antec NEO ECO 620C PSU Hitachi Deskstar 1TB HDD...
  13. nhobo

    Puzzler: Zalman unclocks 8800GT

    :heink: Here's one for the weird file: I put a Zalman VF900cu on an eVGA 8800GT. It lowered the idle temp from 56 to 39 C. and runs much quieter than the stock fan at full blow. But with a 3-pin connector it can't plug into the fan port on the 8800GT, so it has to go into a fan header on the...
  14. Xtrastor

    Low FPS with an Asus 6870

    Hi guys, I'm having a weird problem, I'm getting low FPS in some games, just like Alice: Madness Returns, but the one that really concerns me is Homefront, I just got the game, installed it and opened it, and in the Menu screen, I get 15FPS, so I went to video settings, selected Very High...
  15. D

    1st build - $800-900 budget - Vid Editing + Gaming (advice?)

    Approximate Purchase Date: May 3 - 7 2012 Budget Range: $800 - $900 before tax, shipping, and rebates. System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video Editing HD footage, Photo editing, Gaming, having my PC stream video to multiple consoles in the house. Parts Not Required: Hard Drive...
  16. D

    Which company makes the ati 7970

    Want to buy a 7970 but not sure which one to go with
  17. V

    AMD vs Intel

    ya, ya, ya. Another amd vs intel thread. Well, I'm helping out a college student who desperately needs a computer and so, I'm giving him my athlon x3 440 rig. I'll be keeping my 4870 though, since onboard is fine for what he'll be doing. Anywho, I'd like to know which one will be the better...
  18. B

    C2D temp question; Discrepencies among monitoring programs

    I have a question about Core 2 Duo temperatures. I have thoroughly read (and understand about ninety percent of) the stickied guide on the subject, before anyone suggests I start there. I just successfully built my first from-scratch PC, and am interested in overclocking the processor a bit...
  19. C

    Making a new build

    I'm on a sort of $400-$460 budget. Here's what I've got so far. MoBo:ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 - $104.99 CPU: Intel i5 2500k – $169.99 (I'm going to micro center soon to get this :P) RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1333MHz DIMM – $43.69 PSU: Corsair CX500 - $49.99 Case: Thermaltake V3...
  20. ltbenjamin

    Gtx 670 build

    id like to build the cheapest pc that uses the gtx 670. id like all the parts to support the gtx 670 at full throttle but at the cheapest price. hopefully around 1000 to 1300. also please tell me what else i would have to buy to overclock it. and what parts changed to sli it?
  21. A

    Power Supply for new System

    I am working on a new build, and I think I want between 500W and 600W. I am looking at following three power supplies. Does anyone have any advice or other suggestions?!?!?!?! Seasonic M12II 620 Bronze: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151095 Corsair Enthusiast Series...
  22. T

    ram limited from 2gb to (1.8) in windows 7 pro 32bit

    i have a Kingston 2 ddr3 ram stick 1333 MHZ but when i open the task manager i shows 2gb of ram and only (1.8 gb available) my system is quite resent as in i just assembled it 2 day so whats up my specs are my specs are Core i3 530m (using integrated graphics until i get a 5750) gigabyte...
  23. P

    Gaming PC Help

    I've been lurking these forums and been on newegg.com constantly learning as much as i can about computers and there specifications. I now have hit what seems to be a wall. I am trying to get a good value that doesn't leave me wondering if i could have done better. My goal is to achieve a...
  24. J

    Just built a new computer and need help

    I just put together a new computer and allot of times ill be playing games and it will just shut off. Sometimes it will go to a blue screen and say that some hardware has been installed wrong but i have gone through everything 3 times. I am not sure what to do. Please help. if you need any more...
  25. K

    Does p4 fit into 1155 socket? lol

    Hello,
  26. G

    Suggestions for Modest Build $1300 (£800) PS-CS5 User

    Hello everyone, First time post so please bear with me! Wanna build myself a new pc as my laptop is so slow it's depressing! Budget $1300 (£800) Uses - Purely Photoshop, no gaming required (all work, no play :P ) Purchase date: soon as i can really :) Im a patient guy so not overly...
  27. S

    Advice on starting a new build ($2000 Budget)

    Hello Everyone! As you can tell, I'm brand new to this community, and delighted to be here. I've recently started to explore the the world of computers, more specifically building them, so I guess I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to all this (: Because of recent computer problems...
  28. F

    Power Surge on USB Port after moving computer to a new case. Help?

    Not really sure what other category to put this in, so if any mod can think of a more appropriate category, please move it there. Thanks! To the problem. I just received my new case (Thor V2) in the mail, as well as my new RAM (8GB's of 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance). So those are the only new...
  29. F

    Gaming Rig-$3-4K budget

    Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next Month Budget Range: 3K to 4K System Usage from Most to Least Important: Intense Gaming, Watching Movies, Surfing Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers/Headphones Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NewEgg, Tiger Direct, Amazon Country: United...
  30. Lazarus7

    e6600@3ghz....ddr2 667 or 800?

    Hey , I know this has been discussed before but it always seems that there are different opinions. My object is to run an e6600 @ ~3.0ghz which I believe will be FSB of 333mhz which will be 1:1 with my ram. Now does this mean I should get 667 ram or go with 800? Thanks
  31. P

    800-875 (maybe 900) gaming pc build help!

    Looking to build a decent 850ish gaming pc. I dont know how possible it is but I have been really intrigued by Ivy bridge and would like to go that route if possible. Ill be posting my requirements for the computer below. If you post a full build please provide links and not say (580ti) I know...
  32. N

    New Ivy Bridge Build - $3500 Budget

    I am starting mostly from scratch. The only things I am using from my current system are my mouse and my monitor. Usage of the new rig: Gaming/Development/Day-to-Day Must Haves Intel CPU (OBVIOUSLY) Nvidia GPU SSD Boot Drive(Big enough to install programs on) Mechanical Storage Drives at...
  33. D

    What's a safe temp for E6400? Mine's at 45C, am I ok?

    I have my E6400 OC's to about 3.2Ghz, and with my Zalman 9700 at the lowest speed, each core is usually around 44-46C. Is this safe, standard, or good? ~Dac
  34. S

    My AMD Build @ $720! Please advice/help critic.

    Approximate Purchase Date: the closer the better Budget Range: $650-750 System Usage from Most to Least Important: photo editing, video editing but not anything major, just about average Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com...
  35. G

    24 hour PC

    I want to build a PC that runs 24 hours. What are some things to watch for? Thanks!
  36. W

    PC Overheating?

    I am trying to figure out exactly where my problem is at with this. I have a laptop RAM=8GB CPU = AMD A6 3600M APU VIDEO CARD = Radeon HD 6520G This is the stats, i can run diablo 3 and guild wars 2 (even in heavy world vs world zerg action) with some stutter but nothing unplayable. Just a...
  37. P

    Lian Li PC-62 & CM 212+ & CM 212 EVO Fit?

    I currently have an older Lian Li PC-62 case. http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=326&cl_index=1&sc_index=38&ss_index=96 Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this case and the fit/clearance of any of the following coolers: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO...
  38. N

    PC Configuration

    Hi! My name is Nicolas and I'm new on the forum. Unfortunately my Xbox 360 doesn't match my graphics/performance standards anymore, therefore, since I'll receive my bonus by the end of May, I decided to upgrade to a brand new gaming rig. Please find below the config I have in mind. Could you...
  39. B

    NewEgg Build to compare with 2 PreBuilds

    Total Budget: $2500ish Purpose: Gaming only. Nothing else. No overclocking (maybe). Hooking up to 64" 1080p plasma TV. Sorry for wall of text. Why I want a prebuild... You can read why I am/was wanting to purchase a prebuild (Digital Storm's Epoch or Falcon Northwest's Talon) here. It...
  40. S

    New computer $800~$1000 will this work?

    Hello, My old computer died a couple of weeks ago and i believe it's time I should build a new one, if the price is right =( I'm planning to build it myself since I built the old one myself, however it was a bit dodgy, it would randomly have bsods or wouldnt detect my drives but thats behind me...