TCP/IP

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with TCP/IP.
  1. D

    Where is Outlook's adr book on XP Pro?

  2. I

    Should I be worried?

    For the last three days someone with an address in Poland has been tryng to scan my ports. My firewall, Sygate Pro, shows me the warning message. I have finally set the Options to block attackers for 4 hours as I am getting tired of these warning icons blinking. I use AVG Pro for a virus...
  3. K

    Windows live messenger error code 80048820

    Hi, i can't sign in in live messenger plz solve my problem.
  4. J

    Icons

    Hello, hi had trouble with virus now unable to idisplay desktop icons
  5. U

    Sm bus controller driver Xpress 200 (RS480)

    Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC. Model Amberine M (Socket 939) Chipset Vendor ATI Chipset Model Xpress 200 (RS480) Chipset Revision 10 Southbridge Vendor ATI Southbridge Model SB400 Southbridge Revision 00 System Temperature 40 °C BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies, LTD...
  6. G

    Advice needed

    Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?) Hi, I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier that offers punk wears) is putting itself up for IPO, so what do you guys think about it? Do you guys like Zumiez? Do you guys think they'll pull it off with this IPO? Just need...
  7. halcyon

    Dual 1366 Anyone?

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-nehalem-xeon-motherboard,7211.html This is exciting...and if its less than $700US I'm all over it. The virtualization, encoding, etc. will be sick. ...and I'm not a gamer so the PCI-E 2.0 lacking makes means little. Go Asus.
  8. C

    Fix my usb ports my computer

    Hello,my usb port indicates that it is working and can even charge my phone but it does not read on my computer,i will love your advise on what to do please,thanks alot
  9. Nashsafc

    The best 92mm fan cpu cooler

    What would be the best 92mm fan cpu cooler in terms of cooling performance, rather than price?
  10. M

    Annoying Add New Hardware window each startup for printer

    Hello, I have Windows XP. Each time I turn on the 'puter, I have to cancel the window FOUR TIMES that says it's found a new printer, and I should install printer software, etc. How do I get rid of these windows without eliminating the New Hardware Wizard?
  11. M

    Windows 7 driver for scanjet 4c

    Hello, I have an HP ScanJet 4c scanner that still works great. It has a full-sized transparency adapter which makes it hard to replace. I need to install a driver for windows 7. Anyone know where I can get one for this scanner?
  12. G

    Standby Mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I recently upgraded to a new version of XP from an old version of XP in order to activate the software and put sp2 on it and beta Ever since then the monitor will not go into standby mode and the refresh rate is...
  13. G

    Philips CDRW not working.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) The cdrw is being recognize in the BIOS setup, however did not get recognized when I did a clean install going from ME to XP SR2. I can' find any drivers on the internet for a PCRW804k17, and none available on the...
  14. G

    Application Installations

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing how do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used the Admin account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up in the...
  15. T

    Endurox r4

    hi i'm living in luxembourg,and i want to buy the product: endurox r4,,but i find not a way to make it possible please can you help me? thank you sou mutch fernand seidel
  16. R

    Which files does the "Files And Settings Transfer Wizard" transfer ?

    In Windows Xp , when one uses the Files And Settings Transfer Wizard , (i)Are only all folders under "Documents And Settings" transferred , (ii) is it only all the "My Documents" Folders (meaning for all the users) that is transferred or (iii) are all files present in the p.c. (all files in all...
  17. P

    MSconfig

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) When I attempt to open msconfig via Start, run, then type in msconfig, and press enter, msconfig opens for 2 to 3 seconeds then closes its self automatickly. No matter what I do to try to keep it open, it closes. Why...
  18. R

    Not able to install xp on my latop after formating c drive but esi to load wind

    i am not able to load window xp ser pack 2 but WINDOW 7 load comfert
  19. D

    Please help

    Hello, I have a pavillion dv 6000 and there seems to be no power to it. the little indicator flashes 3 times when I try to turn the computer on and nothing happens. thanks n
  20. G

    File Sharing XP Pro SP2

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I am working with 2 computers with identical configurations: Windows XP Pro SP2 Applications are the same Services Settings are the same No Anti-Virus installed No Firewalls Identical Users and Passwords are...
  21. C

    First self made computer

    Hi, this is the first computer im going to build and i'd like your opinion on it. Suggestions for different parts are also welcome as my experience isn't much. Purpose: compact gaming computer Games: TESO, Skyrim, newer action titles as they come out and i have no intention to do any...
  22. C

    Weird PSU issue

    Hello All, I got a seemingly weird power supply issue. I'm working on a Dell Studio 540 desktop. Owner keeps it on constantly and after a recent power outage the unit does not power on. No fans, no beeps, no lights, noises ... Nothing. So first thing I did was remove and re-install the CMOS...
  23. OcelotRex

    Mini ITX HTPC

    Hello all. We just cut the cord (canceled cable) and I need a HTPC for the living room TV. Goals for the build: - SFF to take up little room - Fast boot time so I can power it off daily - Blu-ray and hopefully Blu-ray 3d support - Will stream from my tower or internet services (does not...
  24. R

    Clicked wrong update

    Hello, well I clicked the wrong update on my onboard video and now I go thru the boot then bsd how can I fix this????
  25. H

    Hp scanjet 2300c driver for windows 7 compatible

    Hello, I need printer drivers for a HP Scanjet 2300c for a Windows 7 operating system.
  26. G

    Password protec w/in a user account

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) In XP Home v5.1... User accounts can be employed to restrict access to files/folders/programs. Once a user is logged in, can selected folders be password protected from access? If so, how? Intended need: if User...
  27. L

    New gaming rig

    Hello, I need some help with my new gaming rig. I have some trouble choosing the best psu and motherboard for the money. Generally the cheapest store I could find shipping to cyprus was pixmania.com.cy so I would like to order my parts from there. My budget is arround 750-950 euros and I would...
  28. G

    What brand of DVDs to buy?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) New computer, lots of ambition. Besides other things, I eventually hope to burn my home videos to DVDs. I gave it a quick try - saving to my hard drive - but unfortunately didn't capture any sound. I found a tutorial for my...
  29. K

    Driver for pci simple communication controller for win xp

    Driver missing in Lenovo400 note book
  30. P

    Hi

    Hello,
  31. M

    download free ati mx400 64m w/fan driver

    i need driver ati plz help me
  32. G

    newb 1.10 questions

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) hello have been away from Diablo2 for a long time, have not played since version 1.09 now playing 1.10, single player, normal difficulty....I dont really notice much difference. What should I be looking for? Are there any hidden treasures...