Virtual PC

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Virtual PC.
  1. S

    Clean Install Win 7 on SSD

    So I currently have a 2tb Seagate barracuda with win 7 installed. I think its time to do a clean reinstall so i thought why not upgrade to an SSD. The thing is I want to store things on the 2tb drive, but I want to wipe it first. Is there a way to wipe the drive COMPLETELY, then reinstall win...
  2. G

    GPU or PSU

    So im in the process of getting a better PSU (chieftec a80 750W, had corsair VS 650W) to see if my boot problem will be fixed After getting a new GPU asus r9 280x which may very much be faulty since i bought it second hand, although other than the boot problem the GPU when i boot up works...
  3. P

    Building a PC - Some questions for experts

    Everybody kept saying that building a rig is very easy, well... I beg to differ. But I hope some experts here can help me out maybe? I need your advice! Here are some of the parts that I'm using, and I'm not very tech-savvy at all: Case: Raidmax Viper GX MB: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 +...
  4. L

    Ati raedon hd 4850 crossfire

    Hello I have a ati radeon HD 4850 graphics card with 512MB GDDR5 and I was gonna buy a ati radeon HD 4850 with GDDR3 1G could do the crossfire.
  5. I

    Oh gosh.. I think I might've messed up my motherboard..

    Hey guys I think i messed it up by plugging my 3.5mm sound from speakers while it was on first and then I plugged in the PSU.... Did i just completely ruined my motherboard.? I took my rig apart because I wanted to switch my PSU upside down because it was previous the other way around. Also my...
  6. W

    Quick Build Check

    Hey guys! I just wanted some advice on my first build. I'd really like to build it from scratch but, knowing myself, it won't end well. I decided to buy through CyberPower during a sale and just customize the parts. I wanted to make doubly sure that it's all compatible and there is no...
  7. nguyenm

    AMD W-series with dedicated CUDA.

    As of now, I have an AMD W7000 workstation GPU as my main display driver. I also have a GTX 750ti I was planning to use a HTPC driver but I wonder if I could use it as a dedicated CUDA driver. I mostly work with OpenCL but some applications such as Blender and Maya has some neat CUDA options...
  8. Clancasey

    ASRock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard Issues

    Okay so system specs first: ASRock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard AMD Phenom ii x4 965 CPU (not Overclocked) 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (1 stick) HiS 1gHz Radeon HD 7770 Corsair 430w PSU Seagate 1TB HDD Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Okay so now for the problem: My computer has been working just...
  9. W

    Computer won't boot with 32gb of ram

    Hey guys, Ok so I'm having an issue with my computer not booting when all 8 slots of memory are filled, totalling 32gb of ram, however it will boot with 4 sticks totalling 16gb, any ideas why this is happening? Thanks
  10. B

    Google Chrome is muting automaticly

    So when ever I open or close a new tab on Google chrome it is automatically muted in my sound mixer, I don't know how this is happening. Do you think maybe since I am using my TV as a monitor and use headphone so I have two different sound outputs?
  11. P

    change of cpu

    I have a dell optiplex 745 and I wan know if I can change my cpu 3.4 for other more eficient if you have for my pc.
  12. S

    Explorer.exe 100% CPU Usage

    I'm running Windows 7: Ultimate Whenever I open My Documents, explorer.exe goes up to 100% CPU Usage. Process Explorer shows this O.o Any more information I'll post.
  13. G

    Install second copy of XP home on another Hard Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I want to install SP1 on another hard drive so I can use it with Pinnacle Edition 6 Pro video editting software as it apparently runs much quicker. It won't let me because I've got SP 2 on my boot drive. Any ideas?
  14. A

    Accessing JSP pages - Asks for Save???

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Hi Experts, Very new in XP. IE is asking whether to save a webpage with jsp extension and am quite puzzled what to do. IE version is 6, XP is SP2. If this is not the correct NG for this question, please accept...
  15. I

    Razer Ouroboros & Synapse 2.0 problems

    Hi there, been a long time lurker on tomshardware and this is the first time Ive had to ask for help. I have recently bought myself a shiny new Razer Ouroboros, and run into a few snags. Wondering if anyone else has had the same/similar problems with Synapse or the Ouroboros and if theres any...
  16. S

    Acer 6935G start up problems black/half lit/wrong resolution screen

    Hi there! Since a few weeks i'm experiencing problems starting up mu Acer 6935G. The system is starting up (drive indication light lights up) but the screen sometimes remains black or starts up at half the normal brightness. if the screen is black at start up, I close and open the lid a few...
  17. L

    Picking up radio station signal through my speakers.

    Hello, My computers is picking up radio station signal through my speakers. I have two computer on in network both pick up the same radio signal. Please tell me how I can stop it?
  18. A

    Is this gaming laptop good enough?

    well i am planning to buy this MSI GX660 gaming laptop with following specifications that are available in india. but as i am new to gaming i don't know for sure that if this is the right choice. also, there are some confusions that are there in the configuration of the system that i wanna get...
  19. L

    BIOS

    Hello I need to know where to find the bios dirvers a Board Mather Biostar G31-M7 TE
  20. G

    My old Dell XPS with Q6600 questions in regard to current gaming

    Hello As I am buying the parts to build a new pc to replace my Dell XPS 420 which I thought was dead (was a bad hdd with bad sectors) I am wondering how it stacks up to playing the current games from the past 3 years to the present. I have the cpu overclocked to 2.9GHZ and I am using 667 ram...
  21. colragland

    Creative sound blaster audigy gamer Not recognized by Windows 7

    I have a creative sound blaster audigy gamer card Gen 1 that i bought brand new at staples in 2000 or 01 cant remember on the year...It has worked on all my computer builds till now...I just build a new computer a month ago now i plug it in both pci slots and it does not see or find it... I try...
  22. G

    Which one?

    Hi... I recently assembled my new PC... I installed most of my drivers except for the chipset one.My MB is GIGABYTE H61M-S2V-B3. And in GIGABYTE's main site there are two diffrent types of drivers Intel INF Installation (9.2.0.1021) and Intel Managment Engine Interface (7.0.0.1118) My CPU is...
  23. Flightsimluke

    Best sub £60 AM3+ Motherboard

    Hello, After breaking my awful OEM HP Motherboard, I need a new one. At the same time I hope to get an AMD FX6-6300. So what I need is a new AM3+ Motherboard, ideally under £60. I would ideally like to crossfire my two ATi cards, and I would like to run an Antec Kuhler 920 without breaking the...
  24. giovanni86

    ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Sata positioning

    In 3 weeks time i will have this board and I'm having trouble designating which drive should go where. I'm totally new to this because i usually only install 1 internal drive and really need help on getting this right. The list: SSD OCZ Vertex 4 256GB's Sata 6.0GB'S (Will be used as my primary...
  25. N

    ASRock Z77 Extreme4: Memory and Cooler

    I'm planning on getting an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 as a replacement for my decades-old AMD mobo. I plan to keep the same Cosmos full-tower case and to get 4 x 8GB memory sticks. After looking at cooler and memory options on Newegg and reading some horror stories in feedback posts, I've gotten to...
  26. V

    Soldering a new ZIF connector to board

    This is my fist time posting here and I wanted to get some tech help with a soldering job I am about to perform on my Toshiba A505 laptop. This motherboard is designed to allow a backlit keyboard. This connector is a second ribbon on the back of the keyboard with 4 pins /on it and goes into a...
  27. S

    How do I uninstall Ubuntu from within Windows 7?

    I installed ubundu on my system, since this dvd has put in genuin windows it did not ask for partition instead it asked whether to put in entire disk ]or in the last disk space. I hope that I selected the entire disk. So now only ubundu is seen in my system will windows is gone how do I get windows
  28. R

    AGP Video card questions

    Hello, I am currently trying to upgrade the video card on a Dell Dimension 8300 that is 9 years old. Believe it or not, it's STILL an awesome machine. My issue is when playing video from the HD or DVD, when the camera moves fast, I get a horizontal line across the middle of the picture that...
  29. B

    Cables

    Hello, I am going to build a computer, but just looking at my parts, I can't see if anything comes with cables? Will I have to buy them myself? Thanks in advance. Here is a link to my parts. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/H0ME Thanks
  30. F

    Micro ATX and LAN Box Case Disadvantages

    Hello, I am wondering how much a Micro ATX would limit my ability for CrossFire HD 7870 and overclocking a i5-3570K to 4.2/4.5 ghz and what would be a good Micro ATX or a ATX motherboard when Micro ATX isn't recommended And what are the disadvantages of a Cooler Master HAF XB over a Cooler...
  31. M

    High-end single CPU or medium dual CPU?

    I need help in determining which is better to go for high-end single CPU workstation or medium dual CPU workstation, I'll be using this machine in 3d animation and video editing (3ds Max and After Effects), the following options are within my budget: [Single CPU] Intel Core i7-3960X @ 3.30GHz...
  32. G

    OXM disc #42

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) It's a good one. Demos: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Unreal Championship 2 Worms 3D Conker: Live and Reloaded. XBL Arcade demos: Super Collapse 2 Ricochet Lost Worlds Bejeweled Namco Arcade Pack Hardwood Solitaire Dangerous Mines Fuzzee...
  33. G

    Reg Edit

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Hi, Please forgive my igornance if I am explaining things weirdly...I am a computer illiterate. Okay when my windows service pack 2 update downloaded...I noticed some weird things..It seems I no longer have...
  34. G

    Performance gain with gtx 650

    hi, i wanted to know how much performance i will gain from 9400gt to gtx 650. c2d e7400 2.8 ghz, ram 3gb ddr2. my gtx 650 will arrive today and i wanted to know how much performance will i get over my xfx 9400gt. my max screen re is 1366x768
  35. L

    Can't re-install file on system

    Hello, my computer won't start, corrupt hal.dll file. I did research, have xp cd, but after i type in the command in recovery console is says: Access is Denied. How do I acces the folder.
  36. G

    publisher is finding non-existing printer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) hi all, i am having problems with MS Publisher 2003(particularly) and MS Office 2003 Small Business. Anytime i go to file>print there is an error message display, """Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find...
  37. G

    MM2 and Firewire, disable casset check

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) Hello. I'm using my Canon MV6i MC camera to convert analog signals from my old Hi8 camera to capture it as DV in MM2. While I'm trying to do so MM2 tells me that my camera is without a cassette or if it is there it start...
  38. K

    Should i get 2x GTX 560s non ti or a GTX 670?

    Should i get 2x GTX 560s non ti or a GTX 670? Heat and power consumption are not a problem. I found a pretty good deal with the GTX 560s and i want to know if i get more performance then a single GTX 670? Thank you.
  39. S

    Radeon hd 7670m drivers

    Hello, I think i need to update my drives, becasue when i try to play a game "blink" all the time! i am using a notebook graphics radeon HD 7670M windows 8- 64bit with a intel core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, and i tryed to update the drivers in "amd.com" but "AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verfication tool"...
  40. L

    Not compatable

    I am being forced to buy a new motherboard memory displaycard, and proc. just to to Windows 7. Fine I will retire my AMD Athalon II +4800 and go for something a little bit better. Now I found that the majority of my software that is 1 to 4 years old according to the manufactuer Corel, and Intuit...