“Can’t connect to this network”

Sep 21, 2018
This happened about four weeks ago, I moved my computer to my bedroom the internet was working for a while but it was bad, but it says cant connect to this network this is pretty common, so I forgot my WiFi and entered the WiFi password i had hope until it said cant connect to this network, I’ve bascially been trying to fix everything I’ve restarted all my files and my network settings but it will still appear as can’t connect to this network I’m 100% sure it’s my WiFi password, also I have siblings and their WiFi is working perfectly fine, please help.

Solution
We didn't suggest swapping bedrooms; simply an alternative to wireless to improve your bandwidth.

To clarify, instead of running a cable to the router, you plug a Powerline unit in your room and cable it to your computer and plug another in by the router and and cable to it.
If your bedroom is in the same electrical circuit as the outlet the router uses, you could consider Powerline adapter. There mains plugs with Ethernet ports and the signal passes through the electric cables.

It gives you better connections than wi-fi can and the units aren't expensive. Search for owerline on e-Bay.

Alternatively, ask a sibling to access the router through their browser and check the security key you need to go wireless.

Agreed but the bit about the circuitry is an important one. I wanted powerline to my office temporarily but it failed because I'd made a new circuit when I built the place.

In some homes, upstairs and downstairs could vary in success. Because the OP mentioned a bedroom I suggest to question whether the router is in the same circuit.

We didn't suggest swapping bedrooms; simply an alternative to wireless to improve your bandwidth.

To clarify, instead of running a cable to the router, you plug a Powerline unit in your room and cable it to your computer and plug another in by the router and and cable to it.

Solution