007 Nightfire Sucks!!!!!

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I was cleaning out my closet and I found my PC version of 007 Nightfire game in the closet. I asked myself "Why did this end up here?" My question was answered once I installed it and played it. I remember going to my friends house and playing his PS2 version and gasping with awe when I saw the quality of the graphics on the console and turning my head when I heard explosions coming from the rear Pro Logic Speakers of his TV. I also remember the main selling point of the game was to not only have fun with tradition FPS missions but to also drive around in the Aston Martin, Fly a Plane, and many other fun missions. I have already registered my complaint to EA Games as to ask what were they on when they created the PC version of this game. No reply

Does anyone know why EA Games decided to create a crap version of 007 Nightfire on PC. If a little console can handle all the features from lots of missions, to Dolby Digital sound then there is no doubt a PC can match that or even beat it. So whats wrong with the game then?

All the fun secret agent missions are not included in the PC version, you are only given the traditional 1st person shoot em up missions. Whats worse, the 9 missions included are rather laborious and long, so boredom maybe quick to kick in at this point. And when your in the mission your treated with EAX Advanced HD sound to help you detect where your enemies are or Dolby Digital EX soundtracks in the cutscenes to bring the bond cinematic experience to PC yeah? Nope, none of that for your £2k PC which has a nice Audigy 2 soundcard. How about lovely lush graphics? Even on a 256MB Graphics card the graphics dont even hold a candle to the console equivalent, and the clipping is exremly poor, you see models open up as you stand next to them!

Sorry about the ranting and raving but EA Games can make some quality titles - my question being why didnt EA Games put in the same amount of effort when creating this version of 007 Nightfire for PC as they did for console?

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running at 1.25ghz, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Why did you buy the pc version? You never read reviews or go see movies before you buy a game. I never buy crappy games. SO I DON'T HAVE TO COMPLAIN. ALL the games I buy are good games, I don't waste my money.

At gamespot it's rated 6.0 at of 10. I would NEVER buy a 6.0 rated game

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Zemuron on 04/06/04 08:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
oh and demos are your friend too. But personely I don't play demos. Just like watching the movies and read the reviews.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Zemuron on 04/07/04 07:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I have read the reviews, I actually received this game as a gift from my cousin, he doesnt read the reviews but I acutally read the reviews in my magazine a whole month after I owned the game. My cousin also was upset when he played the game on his PC.

Anyway, my question is why the hell did EA Games make such as crappy job of Nightfire on PC. The PS2 could just about handle it, with many cutscenes looking choppy, and whilst Xbox could handle the graphics and sound required to generate the cut scenes, it is not good hardcore gamer practice to play FPS with a console controller - thats what the PC is here for, not to mention the amount of power the PC has! So why did the console get a nice well made game and the PC got a rather shoddily made version of the game????

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running at 1.25ghz, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
good question I dunno. They were problebly almost out of money when they made the pc version. Only thing I can think of.