1.2GHz w/TNT2

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I have a TNT2 Ultra 32MB with a Tbird 1.2GHz
Does the TNT2 bottle the CPUs performance? What do you guys think of running a system config like this? Would it really be logical to upgrade to say a GeForce 2 or is that not worth the increase that I would see in performance?

G

I am not familar with the TNT2 Specs. Does it have DDR memory? If so you should be all set. If not you may need to upgrade your card to max out the performance of your cpu.
Try a benchmark. 3dmark 2000 is the norm these days. You can get it free at Madonion.com and compare your marks to others with the same set up.

Good Luck

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Dear God!
your crippling a tbird 1.2 with a TNT2??? upgrade now!!!
you will see a HUGE increase if u go to a GTS 2 or something similar.
TNT2's (and ultras) were around when p3 600's were hip.... they just dont cut it anymore.
Granted they are nice, cheap, reliable and overclocking friendly... but they just dont have the grunt to keep up with your processor.
UPGRADE.

ThePoo!

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
well i don't really have any money to upgrade, so I don't think I'll be getting a new video card until next Christmas or something. But even if it is bottling my CPU from running a game at say, 110 FPS, it shouldn't drop below 30 FPS right? Since I have the processor power available. As long as I don't run unsmooth with all details turned on anytime soon...

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
if you want 40fps in all games keep the tnt2. if you want 100+ fps get a ATi radeon or Geforce2 gts

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!

TRENDING THREADS