[SOLVED] 1 deepcool argb hub + 1 cooler master argb splitter to 1 mobo argb header

Jun 13, 2021
I have a deepcool castle rgb v2 aio and it includes an argb hub which supports upto 5 argb devices and my motherboard has 1 argb header and i want to use Aura Sync. But the problem is i have 6 argb fans and I want them all to go in that 1 argb header so i bought a coolermaster 1 to 5 argb splitter. I wanted to know if I can connect the end of the deepcool hub (which goes to the argb header of the motherboard) to the splitter cable and then connect the splitter to the motherboard's argb header. Please help.

Solution
To answer we need to know the exact mobo you have. AND the exact FANS you want to connect. The single mobo ARGB header will have a limit on how many amps current it can supply to the total connected lighting load. Fortunately the Deepcastle website for the 3-fan 360 mm rad version of that AIO system gives clear info on its components: the LIGHTS in the PUMP consume at max 2.25W, and the THREE rad fans' lights consume up to 7.2 W. Since these are 5 VDC lights, those translate into 0.45 A and 1.42 A, total about 1.9A. (IF you have the 240 rad with TWO fans, that is reduced to 1.4 A total.) So we need the LIGHTS power requirements from all your other ARGB fans, which we can hope to find from their web page, and the capability of the mobo...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To answer we need to know the exact mobo you have. AND the exact FANS you want to connect. The single mobo ARGB header will have a limit on how many amps current it can supply to the total connected lighting load. Fortunately the Deepcastle website for the 3-fan 360 mm rad version of that AIO system gives clear info on its components: the LIGHTS in the PUMP consume at max 2.25W, and the THREE rad fans' lights consume up to 7.2 W. Since these are 5 VDC lights, those translate into 0.45 A and 1.42 A, total about 1.9A. (IF you have the 240 rad with TWO fans, that is reduced to 1.4 A total.) So we need the LIGHTS power requirements from all your other ARGB fans, which we can hope to find from their web page, and the capability of the mobo header. Then we can tell you whether all of that power can come from one header. That's where the limit is - the simple logic of whether the splitter and fans can be used this way is YES, that is not a limit.

Just in anticipation, IF it turns out the electrical load is too high, there exist powered ARGB Hubs you can get that can link loads of lights to the same control signals, but get the required high power directly from the PSU.

Reactions: Amazing Aru
Solution
Jun 13, 2021
To answer we need to know the exact mobo you have. AND the exact FANS you want to connect. The single mobo ARGB header will have a limit on how many amps current it can supply to the total connected lighting load. Fortunately the Deepcastle website for the 3-fan 360 mm rad version of that AIO system gives clear info on its components: the LIGHTS in the PUMP consume at max 2.25W, and the THREE rad fans' lights consume up to 7.2 W. Since these are 5 VDC lights, those translate into 0.45 A and 1.42 A, total about 1.9A. (IF you have the 240 rad with TWO fans, that is reduced to 1.4 A total.) So we need the LIGHTS power requirements from all your other ARGB fans, which we can hope to find from their web page, and the capability of the mobo header. Then we can tell you whether all of that power can come from one header. That's where the limit is - the simple logic of whether the splitter and fans can be used this way is YES, that is not a limit.

Just in anticipation, IF it turns out the electrical load is too high, there exist powered ARGB Hubs you can get that can link loads of lights to the same control signals, but get the required high power directly from the PSU.
I have asus rog strix b550-f gaming motherboard and 240mm deepcool aio + 3 argb fans that come with cooler master td500 mesh and 1 cooler master mf120 halo fan

Jun 13, 2021

Thank you so much.I just checked the rgb rated current for my cooler master fans and it is 0.34A and i have 4 of them, and you mentioned that 240mm rad will consume upto 1.4A and I think 1 argb header on my mobo allows upto 3A. So ig im good

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I think you're OK, but maybe a small correction. You say the 3 fans in the case front consume 0.34 A each for lights. Don't know which fan model that is, but some do have that spec. BUT the fourth fan you say is a MF120Halo, and that one uses up to 0.55 A for lights. Per my earlier post, the 2 rad fans plus pump pull 1.41 A. The three front will be 1.02 A. Add the 0.55 A for the Halo, and you get 2.98 A. You are JUST within the limit. As you suggest, plug those four fans into outputs from the Splitter, and use the last Splitter output to plug in the other Splitter that comes with the AIO system, and away you go. IF you find the lights behave oddly, post back here for hints on a Hub.

Jun 13, 2021
I think you're OK, but maybe a small correction. You say the 3 fans in the case front consume 0.34 A each for lights. Don't know which fan model that is, but some do have that spec. BUT the fourth fan you say is a MF120Halo, and that one uses up to 0.55 A for lights. Per my earlier post, the 2 rad fans plus pump pull 1.41 A. The three front will be 1.02 A. Add the 0.55 A for the Halo, and you get 2.98 A. You are JUST within the limit. As you suggest, plug those four fans into outputs from the Splitter, and use the last Splitter output to plug in the other Splitter that comes with the AIO system, and away you go. IF you find the lights behave oddly, post back here for hints on a Hub.
Oops I just searched and checked about the fans that comes with the case on internet but cant find them anywhere. So ig it should be 0?4A or 0.55A (comparing with sf120 and mf120). So I think I shouldn't take the risk of connecting all my 6 fans and aio pump to one argb header. I can connect the single halo fan to a controller but then if the cabinet fans are rated 0.55A that would cross the 3A limit. So I'll probably use either all the cabinet fans or the aio fans with a controller. Thank you so much for helping, my mobo is arriving today!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I guess you do not have the case yet, so you can't be sure about the fans' power use for lights. Unfortunately, although CoolerMaster gives very complete specs for their fans, they do NOT tell you which ones are included with that case. You might be able to get that info from their Selaes Dept. Or, if you're getting it anyway, wait until you have it and can read the labels on the fans.

Here is another possibility to consider. IF all the info above is correct ant you're right at the limit and uncomfortable, you could merely NOT connect the lighting cable for ONE of the units, thereby reducing the current load on the mobo header. I'd suggest the PUMP. It is less obvious than case fans in grilles, and its spec is 2.25 W or 0.45 A, a significant reduction. Alternatively, maybe do not light the REAR exhaust fan which is unseen in many arrangements.

Jun 13, 2021
I guess you do not have the case yet, so you can't be sure about the fans' power use for lights. Unfortunately, although CoolerMaster gives very complete specs for their fans, they do NOT tell you which ones are included with that case. You might be able to get that info from their Selaes Dept. Or, if you're getting it anyway, wait until you have it and can read the labels on the fans.

Here is another possibility to consider. IF all the info above is correct ant you're right at the limit and uncomfortable, you could merely NOT connect the lighting cable for ONE of the units, thereby reducing the current load on the mobo header. I'd suggest the PUMP. It is less obvious than case fans in grilles, and its spec is 2.25 W or 0.45 A, a significant reduction. Alternatively, maybe do not light the REAR exhaust fan which is unseen in many arrangements.
Installed everything yesterday night (except graphics card) , i just found that the fans that came with my case uses only 0.21A for led at max. So I'll just put them with all other argb fans and pump. Thankyou again!