Question 1 Gigabit to 10 Gigabit to 4 Gigabit Bridge NinitePro

At work we use a virtual machine through vmware to update applications on other computers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge and others) with Ninite Pro.

I typically push out updates to 120 or so computers at a time and so the 1 gigabit connection is completely saturated for about 30 minutes.

The server has been doing this for about 5 months now without any issue (besides me having to wait 30 minutes).

From what I was told the blade that the VM is running on has a physical 10 gigabit NIC.

I had the bright idea of asking if I could get a virtual 10 gigabit NIC on the VM.

Our network administrator tried adding a 10 gigabit NIC but was unsuccessful for some reason.

He was able to add 4 - 1 gigabit NICs and team them together in a 4 gigabit network bridge, which should be plenty fast enough for me.

I can access Google, network printers and active directory without any issue on the VM.

When I open Ninite Pro it is able to access active directory and give a full list of computers on the network, but when I try to push updates to a group of computers ... even like 3 computers, it gives the error "An unexpected network error occurred – 93" for each computer.

All I can think of is maybe Ninite is trying to use one of the 1 gigabit ports instead of the bridge.

Route Print sounded like a good place to start, but I am not sure what I should be looking for in the data it gives.

Is there a way to force all programs to use the "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver" as route print wants to call it?

Spoke to the network administrator and he said that the reason he couldn't add a 10 gigabit virtual nic was because the vm itself was running Windows 10 Pro.

Apparently some compatibility issue between the blade settings and the vm os version.

Windows Server 2019 should make the job easier.

USAFRet

Titan
Spoke to the network administrator and he said that the reason he couldn't add a 10 gigabit virtual nic was because the vm itself was running Windows 10 Pro.

Apparently some compatibility issue between the blade settings and the vm os version.

Windows Server 2019 should make the job easier.
That sounds like a clueless network guy.

Or, a network guy that doesn't want to consume HIS time fixing YOUR not quite a real problem.