1 long 2 short beeps troubleshooting

Aug 22, 2018
A week ago my GPU stopped outputting display. I have a GTX Nvidia 1050 FTW. I took it out and tried using my old gpu and upon start up I got hit with 1 long and 2 short beeps. I also had a red LED on my mobo for DRAM_LED. I know I have an Asus motherboard but not sure what model.

A day later I tried to boot with my onboard graphics and it worked fine.

I RMA'd my 1050 and got it back today. After installing it I now have the same beep pattern and DRAM_LED on. I've tried reinstalling cables and gpu as well as my two RAM sticks in a few combinations. I don't know what to do from here. From similar threads, do I need to replace my RAM / or Mobo?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
If your onboard gpu is working fine that means it's unlikely that your mobo has a problem, nor is it a ram issue. But your pci-e slot could be damaged due to mishandling when you first inserted the gpu in it. Do you have another video card you could test on this motherboard?

Aug 22, 2018

I have my old card as well as the pre-RMA 1050 I have tried. Including the new 1050, I have tried 3 cards and got the 1 long 2 short beeps.

Aug 22, 2018

Is there any other possibility or is the pci-e being the probably by far the most likely?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018

I don't think there's any other possibility unless all the video cards you tested on that slot are dead or damaged.