[SOLVED] 1 long beep and 3 short beeps with new rtx3060

Jan 9, 2021
Hi,
I installed a new RTX 3060 ti from KFA2 and got 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps. Since it is working flawlessly afaik, i guess it has something to do with PCIe 4 but want to have another view on that.
MB: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU: i5-7700k

I tried taking it out and putting it back in with no difference and will try on a new MB in a few days when my upgrade arrives, but the sooner i make sure it is no actual problem the better :D

PSU:
BeQuiet! PowerZone 750W 80+Bronze BN211
Output Wattage750 Watt
Watt800 Watt
Bought and used since January 2016

Previously used a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 990 Ti with 2x 8 Pin Power which ran flawlessly,new GPU only has one 8 Pin Connector.

I guess i could try the other 8 Pin Cable and see if the GPU like it better

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, I switched to a new MoBo and CPU (Ryzen 7) with PCIe 4.0 it no longer produces error-beeps. So i guess it was the PCIe version that lead to the error
There is no problem using a 3000 series card in a PCIe 3.0. It could be something else associated with the motherboard/BIOS. I’m currently using a RTX3080 on a B450 (pcie 3.0) board. NVIDIA used a pcie 3.0 setup in their own demos at launch.
Jan 9, 2021
Ok, I switched to a new MoBo and CPU (Ryzen 7) with PCIe 4.0 it no longer produces error-beeps. So i guess it was the PCIe version that lead to the error

There is no problem using a 3000 series card in a PCIe 3.0. It could be something else associated with the motherboard/BIOS. I’m currently using a RTX3080 on a B450 (pcie 3.0) board. NVIDIA used a pcie 3.0 setup in their own demos at launch.

Solution