Question 1 of my 3 monitors suddenly doesn't turn on

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I was doing some sim racing last night. Went to bed, came back and now one of my screens fails to turn on again... Things I tried:

-swap power cable with one of the other monitors

-swap DP cable with one of the other monitors

-try different power sockets

-unplug everything from the extension cable except for the faulty monitor

Any idea if this is fixable or is this just simply a random death of my monitor?

Monitor: LG 27GL650F

CPU: i5 8600k
Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Extreme4
Ram: 16GB 3200Mhz
SSD/HDD: 2x 500GB SSD
GPU: RTX 2070S
PSU: 750W BeQuiet Bronze (7 Y.O.)
Chassis: Zalman Z11 Plus

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Have you tried plugging the monitors onto other known display output sources? As for the assumed faulty monitor, does it work standalone on your platform? Perhaps see if you can reinstall your GPU driver after using DDU to alleviate the issue.

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Have you tried plugging the monitors onto other known display output sources? As for the assumed faulty monitor, does it work standalone on your platform? Perhaps see if you can reinstall your GPU driver after using DDU to alleviate the issue.

Thanks for the answer. The thing is, the monitor isn't getting any power at all. Whether it's connected via DP to my PC or just plugged into the power without being plugged into the pc, it doesn't turn on while the other two do. So would it make any difference to reinstall my gpu drivers if the monitor fails to even turn on in the first place?