Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is anyone know...

When come to boot up Windows XP part, no matter what i choose(safemode,
normal, last,...) the message tell me c:\windows\system file is corrupt or
missing. Press R to repair with original CD.

When i put my Windows XP CD, and press R. It bring me to Repair Console. I
dont know what to do with this console, when i exit out of this console, it
already can boot into windows XP login mode.

Please tell me what had happen with this CD? Thanks you...i so curious.

Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt

Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt - With this
error, when XP won't start, boot with the XP CD and go to the Recovery
Console. Type:

cd system32\config [enter]
ren system system.old [enter]
ren system.alt systemalt.old [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\system [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\regback\system [enter]
exit

good luck
peterk

the problem
"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone know...
>
> When come to boot up Windows XP part, no matter what i choose(safemode,
> normal, last,...) the message tell me c:\windows\system file is corrupt or
> missing. Press R to repair with original CD.
>
> When i put my Windows XP CD, and press R. It bring me to Repair Console. I
> dont know what to do with this console, when i exit out of this console,
> it
> already can boot into windows XP login mode.
>
> Please tell me what had happen with this CD? Thanks you...i so curious.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Michael wrote:

> Is anyone know...
>
> When come to boot up Windows XP part, no matter what i choose(safemode,
> normal, last,...) the message tell me c:\windows\system file is corrupt or
> missing. Press R to repair with original CD.
>
> When i put my Windows XP CD, and press R. It bring me to Repair Console. I
> dont know what to do with this console, when i exit out of this console, it
> already can boot into windows XP login mode.
>
> Please tell me what had happen with this CD? Thanks you...i so curious.

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307545

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822705

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Michael wrote:
> Is anyone know...
>
> When come to boot up Windows XP part, no matter what i choose(safemode,
> normal, last,...) the message tell me c:\windows\system file is corrupt or
> missing. Press R to repair with original CD.
>
> When i put my Windows XP CD, and press R. It bring me to Repair Console. I
> dont know what to do with this console, when i exit out of this console, it
> already can boot into windows XP login mode.
>
> Please tell me what had happen with this CD? Thanks you...i so curious.

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: