[SOLVED] 100% CPU usage triggered (i think) by antimalware service executable?

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

Lately I've been experiening issues with extremely high CPU usuage. This typically happens when I load up a game, Black Desert Online, the CPU usuage spikes to 100% and the main culprit seems to be "Antimaleware Service Executable" on the tast mananger. I turn my PC off at this point and restart it, however when I restart it loads again with 100% CPU usuage and I have to wait about 5minutes or so for it go back to down to it's usual idle state.

Things I've tried to do to solve this issue:

• Added the Black Desert Online game folder and launder to the Virus & Threat protection exclusion list
  • Added the "MsMpEng" folder route to the Virus & Threat protection exclusion list
  • Rescheduled the scan times to once weekly
  • Installed Malwarebytes and ran a scan
  • Ran an offline Windows Defender scan

From what I've read it might have something to do with the Windows 10 Defender scanning itself and getting stuck on something, however it only seems to spike when I'm playing games. I really don't want to reinstall Windows 10 and go through that entire hassle, and even if I was to reinstall it then what's to say it wouldn't happen again?

My CPU is an i7-7700k, not overclocked.

I really hope someone here has some kind of solution, I feel I've exhausted every article and thread only to find no solutions...

Thank you! :)