100% disk usage

aninjaowl

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
So recently, I have checked my task manager and it displays that my disk usage is 100%. This is unusual because the other day it was fine? I didn't install anything whatsoever so why is my disk usage capped? When I click on what's taking up all the space, it's just a load of different programs taking up 0.1% of my disk.

Also, sometimes it just goes back down to 1-10% then 1-5 minutes after it just spikes right back up to 100%. My browsers have slowed down significantly. Can anyone help me, I have searched through the internet for about 2-3 hours for a solution and nothing as worked so far. Thanks :)

toshibitsu

Distinguished
It's possible it could be a stuck Windows update running in the background.. or you could have malware. I'd recommend booting into 'Safe Mode w/ Networking' and running some scans w/ Adwcleaner , Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, etc..

toshibitsu

Distinguished

yo.edy.4ever

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
1.Open up CMD as administrator and type "sfc /scannow."
2 Open CMD and type "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".
3.Open CMD and type chkdsk C: /f /r /x
Wait until they finish.Don't run them toghether. For last command you will have to restart computer.

aninjaowl

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
None of these helped unfortunately
Do I have to buy a new HDD?
I still don't know why it would suddenly malfunction like... how come it was normal one day and the next day it's gone weird?

samthaboy13

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rvUGfhiIus this helped me! my usage is now 6%