May 3, 2022
Ok so I know this question probably gets asked every minute so sorry for asking again
Now that being out of the way my real problem is I have a 7200 rpm HDD (I have read a lot of comments saying 7200rpm usually doesn't experience this problem) yet it is almost everytime at 100% usage, tried multiple YT vids nothing seems to work whenever I play games after sometime there are extreme lag spikes (Especially in GTA - V, Sea of Thieves) and not only games I experience lag in softwares also ( hell even zoom starts to lag and I am also learning to edit videos and learn code both After Effects and VScode lag a lot)

If there is any possible fix for this it would be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance ( and sorry if anything comes off as rude and/or unclear as english is not my first language)

My Specs -
CPU - i5-4690
RAM - 8GB ddr3
GPU - Nvidia GTX 950
Storage - Western Digital - WD5000AAKX (500GB, 7200rpm)

( Those are lot of words and brackets )

Ok so I know this question probably gets asked every minute so sorry for asking again
Now that being out of the way my real problem is I have a 7200 rpm HDD (I have read a lot of comments saying 7200rpm usually doesn't experience this problem) yet it is almost everytime at 100% usage, tried multiple YT vids nothing seems to work whenever I play games after sometime there are extreme lag spikes (Especially in GTA - V, Sea of Thieves) and not only games I experience lag in softwares also ( hell even zoom starts to lag and I am also learning to edit videos and learn code both After Effects and VScode lag a lot)

If there is any possible fix for this it would be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance ( and sorry if anything comes off as rude and/or unclear as english is not my first language)

My Specs -
CPU - i5-4690
RAM - 8GB ddr3
GPU - Nvidia GTX 950
Storage - Western Digital - WD5000AAKX (500GB, 7200rpm)

( Those are lot of words and brackets )
Many pieces to the puzzle.
Post a screenshot from crystaldiskinfo.

Reactions: IdontGetData

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Chances are that update might not fix the problem. So you're only solution is to use an SDD to run your games on.

Running a game on HDDs can make games stutter as it has to read the files and if it can't do it fast enough it will cause some stutters.

Reactions: IdontGetData