1000-Player FPS Event Pits Press Against Gaming Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Agreed! 50 jets, 50 Helis, 200 tanks, 200 light IFV vehicles & jeeps and 500 Soldiers!Bring this on to battlefield![/citation]
One huge map indeed =D I literally some times catch myself just standing still to view the amazing battle taking place, but 500vs500 would be something out of this world, i just hope i do see this in the near future for the next battlefield game =D

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]24oz[/nom]1000 player lag fest[/citation]Probably only happen in the stupid old tech Xbox360/PS3.

I am OK to buy SB-E with dual GTX580 to play 1000 Battlefield 3.

G

Hey, don't you guys realize Planetside 2 with a 2000 player per server capacity is on its way?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]I just woke up in a cold sweat after dreamaing of what BF3 would be like with 1000 players. *Spawn* *Headshot* *Spawn* *Headshot*[/citation]

Imagine MW on a "team". Get a missile strike, or better yet an AC-130 or a chopper, shoot a few times at the human sardine packed area (and watch the aircraft get immediately pwned by 5 different AA missiles), rack up a 30 kill streak within seconds.

Tactical nuke inbound

Better yet, MW Free for All, on their standard maps. Oh god the horror.

G

Being a veteran of Planetside, I'm naturally waiting for Planetside 2.

However, it's nice to see another company making a game engine that can handle a massive amount of players that IS NOT for RPGs. One game currently in development that I can only pray they push back to implement this tech is MechWarrior Online.

G

1 fire action per second might mean that they will be using some sort of long-reload-time weapon: eg. railgun of sorts. As this is beta, you would not want one million bullets to track from 1000 players in one second. Perhaps in future builds...

Status
Not open for further replies.