1050ti not working

Aug 23, 2018
I recently had to replace my old 560ti and was on a limited budget. I decided on a Gigabyte gtx1050ti. I'm running on an Asus x79 Sabertooth mobo with an i7. 16 gigs of ram that appears to be working fine.
The problem is that as soon as the Asus splash screen finishes the monitor goes black. I figured it was a driver conflict so I was able to put the old card back in and uninstall the older drivers.
This seemed to work until I went to install the new driver's after reinstalling the new card. The second I hit install the screen went black again. Is there a conflict between the x79 chipset and the 1050ti? Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

That's what I thought. The GTX 10xx series of GPU's doesn't output an analog VGA signal. You need an "active" converter/adapter. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Active-Adapter-Benfei-Converter-Gold-Plated/dp/B01KLKQN9U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535078078&sr=8-3&keywords=active+hdmi+to+vga+adapter&dpID=41G76XHO9ML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch.