1050Ti Underperforming / Not as expected

ericsinger

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
So, the other day I booted up GTA V, and noticed that it was horribly laggy.
I'm getting around 25-30 FPS while playing, and it's certainly aggravating.
It definitely was not like this a month ago, I have a YouTube channel and here's a video of me playing, clearly that's not 25 FPS... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85PZggRybB8&t=25s

My specs are...
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-core
GPU: Evga NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming (AM4-AMD)
RAM: 16GB (8x2) CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4

All the parts are brand new, everything is 3 months old except the graphics card, which is only 9 months old. I've played around with all kinds of settings in GTA V, lowering and all, and nothing is working, it's the same trash FPS. I don't think I should be having this kind of lag problems.

Yes, the drivers are updated. No, the monitors aren't plugged into the motherboard
Can anyone help me figure out what this issue is?

Is it slow in anything else, or just GTA V? If there's a cooling issue, like the CPU cooler coming loose, you'd expect to see everything take a hit. If it's a GPU issue, you'd expect to see all games running slower but not necessarily anything else. Either way it's never a bad idea to check temps at idle, and then in-game. If V-Sync is on and it can't maintain 60 fps it would drop straight to 30 fps.

ericsinger

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017

Uh no, because when updating drivers NVIDIA automatically uninstalls the old drivers and installs the new drivers I thought? I know the 1050Ti and what I bought, it should not be running close to 30 FPS at lowest settings, it wasn't doing this before...

ericsinger

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
@TMTOWTSAC
I made sure the cooler was still on the processor, and I did notice a some frames drop on Planet Coaster since the last time I played the game. VSync is also off... what would I use to check temps?

Also, sorry about the downvote, I have no idea how to use this site on phone, apparently lol...

MrAlanSmith

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

Stacking driver updates on one another is bad, its causes all kind of problems and one of them is laggy and that youtube video seemed none lag...