1080 Ti and Ryzen 7 Giveaway!

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsross

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
Would love to finally be able to upgrade my old A10-5800k as it's starting to maxes out constantly when trying to play newer games and the video rendering times are extremely slow.

Tat

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Still loving Tom's Hardware, after all these years.
My last AMD was a 1090T hexa core, which was much too power hungry when compared to similar performing Intel CPU's, but it was also a REAL hexa-core and I loved it like I loved all my AMD CPU's back in the day for being more OC friendly.
Alas, I moved to Cambodia and with the power being as unstable and unclean as it is here, I've since then moved on to more efficient Intel CPU's, though without as many cores.

So - when the Ryzen and ThreadRipper CPU's came out, I was ecstatic and I've been saving up to upgrade my ageing setup, both for work and play.
However, should I win this competition, I would be able to get a new and much better setup sooner, rather than later (early 2018).

Consider this also - the computer or rather the work performed on it, during the working hours, would benefit locals here, as I, among other things, am working with locals to bring new and free educational material, in their own language, so you'd be supporting free knowledge to poor people, by giving me a PC and I shit you not, it's Kosher and 100%.

Of course I'd say anything to get this rig, but that doesn't mean it's not true...

Status
Not open for further replies.