Specs:
Aorus GTX 1080 TI
Intel core I5 4670k (OC 4.2)
MB: Asrock z87 pro3
RAM: 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 DDR3 1600 mhz
HDD+SSD
PSU: HIPER v650 (80 plus cert)
2 monitors: Acer 2K 144 HZ + full hd LG

Hello. I upgraded my gtx 770 to Aorus gtx 1080 ti extreme. Till the beginning I observed huge FPS drops after 15-20 minutes of the game, and goes normal only after a reboot. That occurres in every game, even in the light like dota 2. For example, here I play the Witcher 3 and the FPS drops from 90 to 40-50, and then after another 20 minutes to 20-30. There was no such drops of performance on the old card. I tried to reinstall the drivers with DDU, used the old ones, reinstalled my Windows with formatting all the drives, and updated card bios. Nothing has worked. As you can see on the graphs, when drop occurs, the GPU power drops to 70%, also as CPU power does. Core voltage becomes totally constant with no peaks as before. Temp doesn’t go high on anything. Also I observe gpu memory controller load drop. GPU clock and usage doesn't change. Temp doesn't rise above 76 deg C. Probably CPU power drops just because the CPU usage drops also. The reason I think it’s not the PS problem that on the aorus page it sais that you need a 600w PS while I have 650. Also I can see GPU power can grow higher and not limited on the 70% even after FPS drop occurs, but only in the non game scenes (video in the game, or in the menu). You can see 3 drops on this graph. So I think it’s a software problem, but I searched a lot and didn’t find anything. Can you please help me?

P.S. Benchmarks of other components like Ram, drives and motherboard temperatures are also Ok.

P.S.S And I don’t have opportunity to check any components on another system or use different on the mine.
5fke8m.jpg

P.S.S.S The problem occurs with and without OC on CPU GPU CPU/GPU

iamacow

Admirable
I think you found your own answer. Its now the video card since your clocks, voltage and everything is steady during the drop. It must be your system. Some anti-virus cramp running in the background. I mean it could still be the video card, but the evidence points to something else.

I always suggest wiping the old drivers completely with DDU before installing a new video card and drivers. It might save you some headaches.

Nov 9, 2018

As I said i deleted the drivers with DDU and also reinstalled Windows. So it can not be any programm. I found a thread with a same problem it sais that was PSU. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3808399/fps-performance-drop-time-fixed-reboot-1080.html I have only 2 8pin cables so i can not try another one.

iamacow

Admirable
Eh... power drop would do a bit more than drop a few frames. Usually the system is going freeze up. PICE cables either work or don't so "new" cables won't make a lick a difference.

Edit: I cannot find your PSU maker anywhere the HIPER v650 is Russian.. That is all I could find.

Nov 9, 2018

It's not a few frames, it loses 50% of performance. 90 FPS at the beginning, 20 at the end. I ordered a new 700w TT Smart RGB to see if there will be any difference. It will come on monday, ill say you

iamacow

Admirable
Damn.... Well I didn't think it was the power supply in the first place, but at least you have a decent brand now.

So to be clear the frame-rate stays low even if you exit the game and return say an hour later. You said it only goes back to normal after a restart? Have you tried to wait and see if restarting game later has he same results?

Nov 9, 2018

Yes, it's the same even aftrer waiting.

Also, I noticed that when you set power limit to 150%, fps drop comes quicker then when it's set to 100%. I'm not sure, but with the new one, it seems to keep longer full performance. So is it possible that I still have a lack of power? If so, how much do I need for 4670k and 1080 TI? Because this PSU isn't also great according to the reviews.

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator propose 850w 80plus gold PSU for my specs. Do you think that will help?

2wqhp51.jpg

Aug 4, 2019
I've tried it with EVGA 850w GQ but still the same. I have no more ideas what can it be. I'm quite tilted.
Did you ever figure out a solution?

I am currently experiencing the exact same problem, with the same symptoms, and the same graphics card. I also bought mine in Fall 2018 and have been unable to figure out a solution since then.