Question 1080 ti Warranty Problem

yusufbadat2516

Prominent
Nov 13, 2018
Hey Guys. I kinda got myself into a ditch. So my 1080 Ti has started atrifacting, and I don't think the company I Bought it from (Frontosa) will accept the card because I changed the paste. I knew I was gonna void the warranty, but I really had to due to the temps being way over 90. What should I do?

Last edited:
Hey Guys. I kinda got myself into a ditch. So my 1080 Ti has started atrifacting, and I don't think the company I Bought it from (Frontosa) will accept the card because I changed the paste. I knew I was gonna void the warranty, but I really had to due to the temps being way over 90. What should I do?
Speak to Frontosa and be honest. It will be up to them if the will accept the warranty claim or not. If they say no then it’s time to get a new gpu.

Edit: Actually if they say no it might be worth reseating the cooler. Overheating memory can cause artifacting and if the cooler is not quite sitting right reseating it might help.

yusufbadat2516

Prominent
Nov 13, 2018
Speak to Frontosa and be honest. It will be up to them if the will accept the warranty claim or not. If they say no then it’s time to get a new gpu.

Edit: Actually if they say no it might be worth reseating the cooler. Overheating memory can cause artifacting and if the cooler is not quite sitting right reseating it might help.
Tried it and to no avail, they didn't budge. I did try resetting the cooler and that didn't work either