1080p/60fps with gtx 980 for next 2 years ?

iCompute-doU

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
This year's AAA titles at max settings? Sure. Possibly with AA turned off. In two years though, there will be new technology released and new software to compliment that tech, which essentially can never guarantee the AAA titles of two years from now the same performance as the AAA titles this year, but looking at today's titles can provide a pretty good reference.

i.e. Witcher 3 Ultra settings runs at about 75fps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QseBi4wpDLY

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
That's difficult to tell since there are so many variables that can go into that such as:

1. How fast graphical improvements can be made and if developers are willing to take that next step.
2. Depends on your setup.
3. Depends on how well port jobs are done by developers.
4. Depends on how well developers are able to utilize current generation game engines.

These are probably just a small fraction of reasons if the 980 is able to play games at 1080/60fps in the next 2 years.

boosyfox

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Well i just bought my new gtx 980 ftw and I'm not planning to change it for the next 2 years. I dont play my games with AA and I lower down my setting in my games to get a solid 60 fps (even if it is 80 fps on ultra). So i was just wondering if my 980 will last my for the next 2 years.

boosyfox

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

and I also buy games on my console (ps4). I just want the same graphics I get on a ps4