[SOLVED] 1080TI runs games at bad fps

Mar 21, 2022
I thought my pc would be a beast when I got it years ago even got a 240hz monitor but I've always had trouble staying above 140fps in games I optimize specifically for fps. now I'm back trying after hearing others report they keep 300+fps in the same game (overwatch) with worse hardware.

I've tried

updating every driver for everything.
full resetting and wiping my pc.
optimizing Nvidia control panel.
optimizing game settings.
optimizing any other system settings.
changing ram settings.
and much, much more.

My specs

CPU - i7 7700k

MB - ASrock Z270 EXTREME4

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz

GPU - GTX 1080ti FTW3

PSU - 850W

Storage - SSD and HDD (all games I'm trying for high fps are on ssd with the OS)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
What 850 psi do you have?
What games are you playing?
What resolution is the monitor?
What are your gpu temps like?
Have you over locked your cpu?
If not ya should.

Repaste the cpu and gpu. If you have a lame CPU cooler sped 4 on a dark rock2 or better
Add new thermal pads to the gpu memory.
Instal windows fresh do not restore repair or update
Overclock the heck out of the cpu. 4.8 to 5.2 are reasonable to lofty goals.
No additional software on top of the nvidia software, more softmammothans more problems.

Leave all other software uninstalled, now... This is the sketchy part. Disable the spectre patches.

You'll see a massive e gaming boost., on a gaming computer this won't cause serious security issues.

Use some software called...
What 850 psi do you have?
What games are you playing?
What resolution is the monitor?
What are your gpu temps like?
Have you over locked your cpu?
If not ya should.

Repaste the cpu and gpu. If you have a lame CPU cooler sped 4 on a dark rock2 or better
Add new thermal pads to the gpu memory.
Instal windows fresh do not restore repair or update
Overclock the heck out of the cpu. 4.8 to 5.2 are reasonable to lofty goals.
No additional software on top of the nvidia software, more softmammothans more problems.

Leave all other software uninstalled, now... This is the sketchy part. Disable the spectre patches.

You'll see a massive e gaming boost., on a gaming computer this won't cause serious security issues.

Use some software called inspectre it can disable patches that hobble CPU gaming performance. Its safe, and as long as you aren't risking thousands in the stock market, disabled patches of this order will not leave you at risk.

Also forget trying to use any beyond windows 10.

This will give you some mammoth fps gains...

Actually just take my last step first. See how that works.
Then overclock the cpu.

If that doesn't work start fro.the top and try it all again. I guarantee fps gains of up to 30% unless you've got hardware issues.

Solution