11 Games That Should Get A Remake Or Sequel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley McGovern

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
The original Far Cry needs a remake & graphical update. I just think it would be hard with the situation between Crytek & Ubisoft. One of them would just have to take it on.

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
I don't normally spend much on my gaming rig because I play mostly older games but a VR ready HOTAS version of XvT or Tie Fighter would be cause for quadrupling my spending limit to play.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Original Wolfenstein (Secret in Rage was such a tease)

L4D3 and Freelancer

And obviously HL3 as already mentioned god damn hurry up.

I know latest Doom was suppose to bring back fast pace gritty nostalgia but still can't beat the originals trying too hard the way they are now. Quake and Duke Nukem as well.

PS. Arcade Daytona, same feel etc etc etc just better TVs and graphics. God i put so many coins into that machine lol.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wipeout HD/Fury was pretty stunning, on the PS3. 1080p @ 60 fps, with impressively elaborate level design. The only thing it needs is VR, because the 3D TV mode dropped the framerate and added latency. Too bad Sony's Liverpool office (where they made it) got shut down.

We'll have to see if Wipeout Omega supports PSVR.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Did you hear 1 UP Studios arrangements? They released two tracks from it.

That's actually how I discovered it. Then, I tracked down a copy of the original, which was released on CD way before that was common. It must have been one of the first VG music CDs, in the US.

So, I'd be on board with rearrangements of the originals. The instrumentation sounds very dated (Sega Genesis, so you can imagine), but I think the underlying compositions hold up pretty well. For the time, they were something else. Like straight outta the Detroit club scene.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
There needs to be a patch or easter egg for enabling the original sound effects. So classic.

Totally agree about the look and feel. I really liked the way they looked in the 3rd person view.

Too many racing games seem to fall into the category of either a sim or some sort of NFS/GTA clone. We need games that are just about fun racing. The cars' dynamics don't need to be incredibly realistic, what matters is playability.

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Where is Half Life Remake , this list should mention it at least , I'm still waiting for Half Life 3 , not to mention a remake or a sequel to one of my favorite PC games Psi Ops : The Mindgate Conspiracy .

There is a game called Black Mesa, http://www.blackmesagame.com/ , that stared off free (Now called the Legacy Release and still can be downloaded for free from their site,) but now is available as Early Access ($19.99) on Steam as the envisioning of their improvements and extensions to the original Half-Life.

Black Mesa is a re-envisioning of Valve Software's classic science fiction first person shooter, Half-Life. Powered by Source Engine, You will re-visit the inaugural role of Gordon Freeman and his memorable journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility. Expect detailed environments to explore, a huge cast of characters and experimental weaponry. All-new music, voice acting, choreography and added dialogue give way to a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before.

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
As for Portals 3, I can highly recommend "Portal Stories: Mel", a community mod of Portals 2 which is as good as the original games; Also free to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.