1155 socket MicroATX Mobo suggestions?

BreezyKun

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016
So I recently brought my desktop in to Fry's for repair after display stopped working through both Mobo and GPU video outs. I think the problem is a coin flip between the power supply and motherboard, but I dont know very much about this.

My rig is kind of dated and the newest thing in there is the GPU. The processor is an i5 3570, and I'm trying to be preemptive in the worst case scenario. The mobo currently inside is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, and getting newer would mean a new CPU and RAM. Looking to save money here and get my desktop back in working order as soon as possible, so I'm open to suggestions, both 1155 and newer if the latter comes in some sort of a bundle with the other parts I'd need to replace.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
List of full specs? Might not be the motherboard, even though display not working through motherboard and discrete graphics makes that more likely. Brand name of power supply? You tried changing display settings in the BIOS?

BreezyKun

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016

i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz
8gb DDR3 RAM
SolyTech SL-F400 400W PSU (some nobody brand)
EVGA GTX 1050ti SC

Can't access BIOS because no display. Or if there was some alternative way to access them, I certainly didn't know of it.
Prior to this, after the 1050 installation, my system did run into a number of random restarts and bluescreens, but nothing like this before.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
I'd try changing the power supply first. Even if it doesn't end up being the culprit, you're still set with a new power supply and if you choose the right one you'll use that for the next 4-5+ years.

What would your budget be for changing the power supply? Or budget for both power supply and motherboard?

BreezyKun

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016

Well it's in their hands now, so they'll hopefully be able to really pinpoint the issue here. I want to cap things at 200$ no matter what I do but I know the 'new everything' option's going to cross that line. I know a decent PSU starts at the 50-70$ range and I tried to upgrade the PSU alongside a previous GPU upgrade before, but that PSU wound up being faulty. Don't know what the decent quality range for mobos begins at, let alone CPUs and RAM.