128 GB iOS Device Outed, Could be iPad 4 Variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
What did anyone expect? Of course they will push for more high-end storage in their devices as will any company for their high end.
We weren't going to sit at 64GB forever. Hell they even have 128GB SD cards and 256GB models from Lexar too.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
the annoyance is the usual 100 between step ups in memory, i gave up on memory not costing an arm and a leg and bought a wifi hdd (patriot gauntlet node w/ 1 Tb hdd ) but i would love to see 128+ gigs become the new high end 64 the standard and 32 be low end, really with current mid being 16 fo rmost makers you are very limited on what you can put on it unless there is removable storage (and sadly alot of manifacturers are moving away from this)

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"The new model is dubbed as a "premium SKU," which would accompany the current 6 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB iPad models."

Wow, there's a 6 GB model of the iPad now?

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]"The new model is dubbed as a "premium SKU," which would accompany the current 6 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB iPad models."Wow, there's a 6 GB model of the iPad now?[/citation]

No, that's Tom's amazing editing. It goes along with the amazing ability to let anyone sign up and spam us with offers.

the 8GB model refers to older devices iPhone 4 8GB that run iOS

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
its about time something mobile came with 128gb of storage on it........ Hopefully the GS4 will be available in 128gb variants as well.

its about time something mobile came with 128gb of storage on it........ Hopefully the GS4 will be available in 128gb variants as well.
Pffft. What's the point? Don't all iOS users use iCloud now for all their storage needs? Given all the cloud based services, I would have thought SMALLER/cheaper storage was where it's at. Sure you need to upgrade your data plan and sign away all your privacy, but it's a small price to pay.
/sarcasm.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]No, that's Tom's amazing editing. It goes along with the amazing ability to let anyone sign up and spam us with offers.[/citation]
Sometimes sarcasm just doesn't carry over.

Mar 19, 2012
,, now the apple is trying to be more friendly to users albeit the costly way

they say that such manufacturer has a good deal of patents list but most of the time only for registration and not a significant portion is brought to user's consumption even if every mac enthusiast is willing to empty their pockets,

and what about this latest move, maybe it now feels threatened by the competition (especially the USB-toting Microsoft Surface) thereby nullifying some of apple fanboys' hard-to-swallow statements -- that may contradict the need for space -- that apple has always been gearing for cloud storage as the future for consumer mobile contents storage,

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]Pffft. What's the point? Don't all iOS users use iCloud now for all their storage needs? Given all the cloud based services, I would have thought SMALLER/cheaper storage was where it's at. Sure you need to upgrade your data plan and sign away all your privacy, but it's a small price to pay./sarcasm.[/citation]

I hope you don't use Google anything if you're worried about privacy... Really?!?

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Better watch out - they may Patent 128GB!!!!!!(That's /sarcasm for you iSheeple....)[/citation]

I hope they win that Patent and all you 'Roid fans have to get a device with 127GB!!!!!!!!!

(That's /sarcasm for you 'Roid Ragers....)

:D

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]I hope they win that Patent and all you 'Roid fans have to get a device with 127GB!!!!!!!!!(That's /sarcasm for you 'Roid Ragers....)[/citation]
Derp

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Derp[/citation]

What????

You no likey the super lame sarcasm when it's pointed at Android fans?

:D

P.S. I also have a Droid but I'm not a tech snob ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.