128 GB SSD and 1TB External HDD

epicpcgamer81

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
I have 2 HDDs, listed in the title. Should I install my OS on the SSD and keep my games, pictures, music, and basically everything else on the external? Or should it be the opposite? Or a mix? Please help. Thanks!

epicpcgamer81

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

Thanks. So put OS and some games on SSD, everything else on HDD?

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

First off, people think having your drive filled up will slow it down witch is untrue, so they buy a large hard drive to keep everything on it without slowing it down. It sounds dumb, but you guys would be surprised. If I were you, I would invest in a larger ssd, and just keep everything on it. Even a hybrid hard drive is fine, cheaper then and ssd and faster then a hard drive. Hard drives are slowly going out of whack. There is no need for having a slow hard drive. Better off saving up and getting 2 500gb ssds or just a 250 depending on what you are using it for! But that is just my opinion! But yes, OS should always go on the SSD and any other junk should go on your hard drive. Get a bigger ssd for your games though, faster load speeds are definitely a plus and you will never want to use a hard drive again!

epicpcgamer81

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

To mention, I currently have another SSD in my computer with my games, with 20GB out of 500GB available. I need to free up space so this is why I'm asking.

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Best thing you could do is put you games with less load screens on the HD, i only have games like GTAv and the witcher 3 on my SSD, anything with really long annoying load screens