[SOLVED] 144 hz for the MSI Radeon 5700 XT

Aug 16, 2019
Last edited:
Solution
Yes usually for 144hz you use diplayport cable but i dont get why your 144hz monitor does not have any displayport ports. Just buy a displayport to dvi conventer and connect it to your gpu and then to your monitor with the dvi cable you already have.
Yes usually for 144hz you use diplayport cable but i dont get why your 144hz monitor does not have any displayport ports. Just buy a displayport to dvi conventer and connect it to your gpu and then to your monitor with the dvi cable you already have.

Solution
Aug 16, 2019
My screen has a dvi port and HDMI, but the graphics card don't. You're only able to connect a HDMI and displayport to the Graphics card...

Hello there,
I've bought this graphic card and now realize it doesn't take DVI, which is the only cable i own. I've been told the HDMI can't run 144 hz and above, but the graphics card only take the HDMI.
If any HDMI-cable is able to run 144hz, which cable should i choose then?

I need to run 144hz to play the games i play :D

Edit: My monitor
https://zowie.benq.com/en-ca/product/monitor/xl/xl2411.html
The graphics card
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-5700-xt.c3339

You can buy a HDMI to DVI adapter for $5.

Or you can step down to your local big-box mart and buy any HDMI 6ft cable for $20. Don't waste your money on really expensive cables. They all do the same thing and won't make the picture any better.

The 5700XT uses HDMI 2.0a. That "a" designation is important. Make sure your monitor is using that too as it allows for higher bit rates and better color depth/HDR support.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
Can you please let me know how you fixed it. I would appreciate a lot. I m trying to sort it out but no solutions. Same exact problem ( same monitor and gpu ) . Thanks in advance
Buy a displayport cable and use that. That's what i did.
I actually bought a new screen too, and used the old one i had as a second moniter for my stream.