[SOLVED] 144hz not functioning properly, have to restart every time

Lawrence_30

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello,

first of all I want to thank you for wanting to help me out!
This issue has only started recently, and it happens when i first boot up my PC during the day.

I boot my PC and everything seems fine, except not all elements of Windows are in 144hz, for example:
  • My mouse is in 144hz and certain animations
However other elements are not:
  • Moving windows looks choppy and laggy (60hz)
  • any games i boot up are ran at 60hz which is a big difference from the original 144hz.
Any idea why this is happening, and or, how i can fix it?

All ideas are greatly appreciated,
Lawrence

Hello,

first of all I want to thank you for wanting to help me out!
This issue has only started recently, and it happens when i first boot up my PC during the day.

I boot my PC and everything seems fine, except not all elements of Windows are in 144hz, for example:
  • My mouse is in 144hz and certain animations
However other elements are not:
  • Moving windows looks choppy and laggy (60hz)
  • any games i boot up are ran at 60hz which is a big difference from the original 144hz.
Any idea why this is happening, and or, how i can fix it?

All ideas are greatly appreciated,
Lawrence
First of all, what is the model of the monitor? Second, what type of connection are you using connected to the computer and monitor. Third, are you actually setting the monitor to 144Hz or did you just assume it's always set there?

Lawrence_30

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
It has been set to 144hz for quite some time now, I bought the monitor about 9 months ago, and it was set to 144hz from day 1.
I am using a DVI cable to connect to the monitor!

The only thing I can think is you are not setting the refresh rate to 144Hz in games and other applications that are full screen, or you did originally but something changed your settings. If it's in windowed mode, it will use the refresh rate of your desktop.