Question ~15 second delay from the time I hit the power button to the time I see the mobo page appear on the screen

drzoidberg12391

Honorable
Nov 9, 2015
Hi, I'm just wondering why I have such a delay after pressing the power button to boot.

My system:

MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU: i7-6700k
RAM:
32GB (2x16) G.Skill Ripsaw V Series DDR4 3200
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
SSD: 500Gb Samsung EVO 870 NVMe (Main)
SSD: 1000Gb Samsung EVO 970 NVMe
PSU: 750W EVGA GOLD

My boot order has my SSD with windows on it as #1. After the 15 second-ish delay, the mobo screen posts, and windows boots shortly thereafter.

Is there any way to remove this delay?

Thanks,
Matt

drzoidberg12391

Honorable
Nov 9, 2015
I was unable to locate any post-delay options in the BIOS and have UEFI boot on. The way my windows was installed won't even let me boot in legacy.

I updated the bios and still have the issues. Same thing happens when trying to wake up the PC:

I press a key on the keyboard, wait about 7-8 seconds, then the screen comes on. I'm not sure if my USBs are not getting power on command. When I boot up my PC, my keyboard comes on right away then turns off at the mobo post screen, then turns back on once I'm logged into windows, so I am unable to enter BIOS the traditional way. This all seems linked.. hmm

Hi, I'm just wondering why I have such a delay after pressing the power button to boot.

My system:

MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU: i7-6700k
RAM:
32GB (2x16) G.Skill Ripsaw V Series DDR4 3200
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
SSD: 500Gb Samsung EVO 870 NVMe (Main)
SSD: 1000Gb Samsung EVO 970 NVMe
PSU: 750W EVGA GOLD

My boot order has my SSD with windows on it as #1. After the 15 second-ish delay, the mobo screen posts, and windows boots shortly thereafter.

Is there any way to remove this delay?

Thanks,
Matt

Do you have RBG RAM or other lights? Has the issue always happened or something recent? My computer started having a delay in boot times ever since I added faster RGB lit RAM to my system, the boot stated to take almost the same amount of time longer, there is an extra 10-20 second delay. Not really much time at all, but slower before I added the new RAM.

drzoidberg12391

Honorable
Nov 9, 2015
Do you have RBG RAM or other lights? Has the issue always happened or something recent? My computer started having a delay in boot times ever since I added faster RGB lit RAM to my system, the boot stated to take almost the same amount of time longer, there is an extra 10-20 second delay. Not really much time at all, but slower before I added the new RAM.

I haven't added any new components and don't have RGB things in this build. I just reinstalled windows on this PC but sadly don't recall if I had these issues before or not. I don't think it was like this, but never paid too close attention.

I did a full reinstall of windows using the RUFUS tool to create a bootable drive since the Microsoft media creation wasn't working for me (stuck at 0%, I chalked it up to my windows defender and Microsoft apps being screwed up, which is why I reinstalled in the first place).