$1500 gaming pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Here is what im looking for:

graphics card capable of killing bf4 maxed out. expecting on throwing $300-$500 on it. prefered amd like a 280x or something. mantle sounds promising.

I want to run windows 8.1 and hopefully have some cash to pick up a touch screen monitor

really thats about it im open to any parts as long as they are strongly reliable.

ill probably have 1tb western digital caviar black. no sdd for now. im wanting to go with intel for the cpu but honeslty im confused on which one. I keep hearing i7's are pointless unless im doing streaming or video editing, which i wont so... yeah the only uses for this computer will be gaming, movies, browsing, and school work. Also for memory ill just be using 8gb of 1600mhz.

In conclusion if i can get a strong recommendation on a cpu, mobo, psu, and graphics card that can fit into my budget that would be fantabulous:)

G

well i mean i guess the video card could still switch. i dont know enough about mantle yet to really want to push for it. i hear itl be a great way to get devs to make games on pc more easy. and the games should run smoother so theres that. but theres talk of mantle being also used on nvidia. so i mean well see. i havent heard of g sync though ill have to look it up. im open to either really, amd or nvidia. im not saying to start a flame war. but i would love to hear swaying opinions of a product that you suggest in a civilized manner:)

G

i was just watching a video on youtube and this guy had benchmark test on the 290x 780 780ti and titan. the 780ti did better then them all. i found that pretty surprising.

Redheadsrule13

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

The 780 and the 290x were pretty much neck-a-neck, then the 780ti came out and easily surpassed both, as it should have.