150mm Cooler height, 150mm Cooler clearance?

Apr 6, 2018
Evening guys!

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I am looking at Picking up a Arctic freezer 33 esports cooler for an i5 8400 + Asus z370 p combo build, which is going to be housed in a Corsair Carbide 100R windowed case.

Now, they both state 150mm for there respective heights and clearances, but as this is my first build and I dont want to mess with liquid cooling just yet, will this cooler fit?

Not sure if this makes a difference, but 2 4gb sticks of hyperx fury ram will be present in the board.

Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
At 150mm for each, *technically* they're compatible.... but it's going to be really, really snug.

For the money ($50ish?) though, I'd be much more inclined too look to a Cryorig H7.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13C-000U-00005

Cheaper, equal (if not better) cooling performance, and 145mm.
While 5mm doesn;t sound like a lot, it give you that tiny extra bit of clearance to work with.

Solution
Apr 6, 2018
Yeah, to be honest I was thinking of the H7, however i'm being put off by the apparent complexity of the install (screws behind motherboard, one hand holding, one hand securing screws) as a beginner. Though I suppose I have nothing to compare the difficulty to as It's my first build!

I'm not looking to OC or anything like that, would this coupled with 2-3 more Corsair fans do the trick with regards to cooling? (2 front, 1 upper rear, one top)

Thank you for the quick reply also, much appreciated!