News 16-Pin Power Connector Gets A Much-Needed Revision, Meet The New 12V-2x6 Connector

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleduggy

Proper
Apr 19, 2023
When asked if you could point to a single incident of a 4090 actually catching fire, you could have just stopped after the first word of your response. The rest was just childish babbling.
it never happened. gamers nexus made it up. everyone who had it happen are just imagining it. the 12 RMA cards i had to send back were just a figment of my imagination. the shipping company who shipped them too. we are all just part of a mass delusion.

purpleduggy

Proper
Apr 19, 2023
it never happened, its a pseudo event. a hallucination. there was no fire, no cables melted, no connectors overheated. we are just imagining it. rtx4090 cards are perfect.

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
this is a famous human psychology in investing (as opposed to institutional algo investing) Many retail investors don't like to admit buying a certain stock was a bad idea to begin with. So they tend to hold the stock to pennies. Cutting loss and moving on can be very difficult for some people, even if it's an obvious thing to do.

Reactions: bit_user
Melting and smoke aren't fire. I have yet to see anyone posting pictures of actual fire damage.
Melt and smoke = hot = risk of fire, I would go to say it was a fire due to where these cards are located, in your house, not a place to have a risk of melting plastic from a vary hot connection that can have the potental to catch other things on fire, thats how house wiring ends up catching things on fire and burning your house down, usually from a loose or bad connection in them cases on a high load application. I'd still class it as a fire, even if it had no flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.