Question 165HZ monitor stuck at 59,95HZ

Jul 15, 2024
Hello everybody,

This question has probably already been asked here, but i couldn't find it.
I recently bought a new monitro for my setup, the LG 27GP750-B. this is a 165HZ 1440P monitor but when connect it to my PC i don't get the option in de display settings to put it to 165HZ, the only option i get is to keep it on 59,95HZ.

I have it connected with an DP cable, straigt to my GPU (RTX3060 TI)
I have already tried to switch de DP cable but this did not help.

Does anybody know how i can solve this?

Thanks!

Jul 15, 2024
What does Windows say is the active resolution is?

The model number in your post is a 1080p 240Hz display. So if you've got the model number correct you're trying to use the wrong resolution.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I noted the wrong model number… the model is: 27GR75Q-B…

My pc says the active signalmode is 2560x1440 59,95Hz

Jul 15, 2024
Double check video cable, you're using.
Is it DP-DP cable?
DP-HDMI cable?
HDMI-DP cable?

Please show screenshot from:
Settings/System/Display/Advanced Display (available reftesh rates)
Hi,

I am using a DP-DP cable right now. and here is a picture of the advanced Display screen, if i click on the 59,95 Hz i dont get the option to choose something else...

blob

I Also have a picture of my second screen here. i do get the option to select the refresh rate with my second monitor....
blob

Your photos are too low resolution.
Can't read anything there.
Please make new screenshots and upload to imgur.com instead.

You mentioned nothing about using multiple monitors before.
If multiple monitors are configured in duplicate mode, then available screen resolutions/refresh rates will be limited to values available on both monitors.

What is model name of your second monitor?

Jul 15, 2024
Your photos are too low resolution.
Can't read anything there.
Please make new screenshots and upload to imgur.com instead.

You mentioned nothing about using multiple monitors before.
If multiple monitors are configured in duplicate mode, then available screen resolutions/refresh rates will be limited to values available on both monitors.

What is model name of your second monitor?
Hi,

the monitors are not configured in duplicate mode.

I am not sure what the model of my other monitor is, but you can see it on the new pictures. i uploaded them via this imgur link. View: https://imgur.com/a/jqH7nwh

The first picture is of my second monitor, the second picter is of my new monitor.

Hope this helps!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I noted the wrong model number… the model is: 27GR75Q-B…

My pc says the active signalmode is 2560x1440 59,95Hz
LG has a Windows driver on the support page -- https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-27GR75Q-B.AUS Typically that is just an INI file to allow Windows to understand the extended characteristics of a device. Have you looked a that ZIP file on the support page ?

DP cable can definitely have an outsized impact on how higher refresh rates work, but generally should still let you select one whether it works or not is another story. Still try the cable that came with the monitor before doing anything else.

If none of the prior poster's advice pans out download the latest version of your video card drivers, then use DDU to uninstall all existing video drivers and then reinstall the drivers using the new download.