[SOLVED] 16gb ram or GPU upgrade?

Sep 1, 2019
So lately I got some extra cash to spend on my pc. But I dont know wich upgrade is the best. I have 2 options: upgrade 8gb ram to 16gb or upgrading my gpu to a rx590.

My pc specs:
R5 1600 3.9 GHZ
rx 580 4gb
8gb ram 2666
gigabyte ab350m-ds3 mobo

edit: I like to game and some video editting here and there

What should I do?

Last edited:
Solution
Definitely ram first. Set of 2x 8GB 3000~3200 CL 14 Gskill with Samsung Bdie chips. Update your bios first to improve memory support. First gen boards and early bios revisions had memory issues. Ryzen likes Samsung Bdie IC the most.

Ryzen's infinity fabric inside the cpu favours high ram speed and also two sticks in dual channel for further improvements.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Definitely ram first. Set of 2x 8GB 3000~3200 CL 14 Gskill with Samsung Bdie chips. Update your bios first to improve memory support. First gen boards and early bios revisions had memory issues. Ryzen likes Samsung Bdie IC the most.

Ryzen's infinity fabric inside the cpu favours high ram speed and also two sticks in dual channel for further improvements.

Solution
Sep 1, 2019

Thanks for the fast reply. I am going to do that.

Reactions: boju