[SOLVED] 18"x8.5" atx case

ghozt67

Commendable
Oct 23, 2018
Hello all, I would like to ask for some case recommendations that can fit an atx mobo and has a height limit of 18 inches and a width limit of 8.5 inches. My current case is a corsair 100r and I would like to replace it if possible. thanks in advance! ps, I would very much appreciate good airflow cases.

Solution
Understood.

Not an uncommon situation.

And I am not a fan of those desks with little spaces, often with a door, to house a computer.

Overall, you must keep in mind that computers and the components within require room for airflows (as you did mention) and thus cooling.

Generally the case specifications include some minimal space requirements on all sides. And case components have specific internal clearances.

If the case is too small and/or the furniture space too tight and closed in then heat may become a problem.

May need to become a bit more creative.

Google "DIY computer enclosures desks". Take a look at some of the images and then modify the search to be more applicable with respect to your requirements and...

ghozt67

Commendable
Oct 23, 2018
More information needed:

What is the reason/requirement for the 18 x 8.5 inches limit?

Why do you need to replace the current case?

You mentioned air flows but why air flows? What do you need or expect?

Update your post accordingly.
Sorry for not clearing that up, you see the furniture that houses my case has this space that I measured, and that's where I came up with the 18x8.5 inches. Taller cases will not fit in that "enclosure" and I have nowhere else to put the case in.

Ralston18

Titan
Understood.

And I am not a fan of those desks with little spaces, often with a door, to house a computer.

Overall, you must keep in mind that computers and the components within require room for airflows (as you did mention) and thus cooling.

Generally the case specifications include some minimal space requirements on all sides. And case components have specific internal clearances.

If the case is too small and/or the furniture space too tight and closed in then heat may become a problem.

Google "DIY computer enclosures desks". Take a look at some of the images and then modify the search to be more applicable with respect to your requirements and constraints.

Take a look. You may find some idea that you can directly apply or perhaps modify a bit so everything can be in place and properly cooled.

Do not forget the wires and cables - they often get in the way of things.

Solution

ghozt67

Commendable
Oct 23, 2018
Understood.

Google "DIY computer enclosures desks". Take a look at some of the images and then modify the search to be more applicable with respect to your requirements and constraints.

Take a look. You may find some idea that you can directly apply or perhaps modify a bit so everything can be in place and properly cooled.

Do not forget the wires and cables - they often get in the way of things.
Thank you.