Question 192.168.6.254 refused to connect.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 9, 2021
So I can't access my routers control panel. I can't even get to the login page. I have an ethernet connection. Just says "This site can't be reached". My router is the TEW-432BRP and Default Getaway 192.168.6.254. Can somebody help? Thank you! Comment if you want any more details.

Ralston18

Titan
You will need admin rights to your network router.

Details will be in the router's User Guide/Manual.

As for the process here is an overview:

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-change-wifi-channel-on-router

You can google to easily find other similar links.

Use "how to change wireless frequencies and channels" as the search criteria and then revise as necessary with respect to your environment.

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
This is an old wireless g router. It is probably just time to replace it. But first make sure your computer is NOT plugged into the WAN port, if you cannot trace out the modem, unplug everything but your computer from the Ethernet ports and see if you can log in then. IF that fixes it you have to find the cable that goes to the isp device and put that and only THAT into the WAN port.

Jan 9, 2021
unplug everything but your computer from the Ethernet ports and see if you can log in then.
As I said before, it only pings the right default getaway (192.168.10.1) when I disconnect the TEW from the MikroTik but then I don't have internet so I can't change anything in the control panel. But a big issue right now is the Wi-Fi disconnecting and not showing up often.

As I said before, it only pings the right default getaway (192.168.10.1) when I disconnect the TEW from the MikroTik but then I don't have internet so I can't change anything in the control panel. But a big issue right now is the Wi-Fi disconnecting and not showing up often.

You don't need Internet to connect to the router control panel, all you need is a hardwired connection to the router.

kanewolf

Titan
You don't understand how your network is constructed. You need to figure out what all the pieces do. You can't achieve your original goal without understanding your network. Once you understand it, then proceed.

Jan 9, 2021
Okay I now can change things in my control panel. I set a name and password on the wireless connection but now when I connect a device to that network it says connected but no internet.
Any help? Thanks.