Question 1st DIY build wont display

Apr 25, 2020
Hey all,

The main issue i'm having trouble with is getting any monitor to show any display.

I've recheck the 24pin, the 8pin by the cpu, and the "led" plugs they gave me thats hooked up to the power switch.
I've tried reseeding the gpu into the 2 different pci ports it can fit into.

I've taken out the litheon battery and unplugged the psu while using a screwdriver to touch the 2 ports for 20seconds.

Tried taking out ram and leaving 1 stick in through all 4 ports and then switching ram.

I relooked at the cpu and noticed that it doesnt seem to sit flesh in one corner like i believe it first did when I put the fan ontop.

Only got the beeps twice when I was testing it with no ram and then when I had the gpu out. Otherwise I don't hear any beeps.

Is there anything else you think i could do or more information i can provide.

--Parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Flightfling/saved/tG8Xbv
(FYI the cpu is the 1600x? i think - it's the one that has the 12nm not the 14

Also the only other cpu i have in house was a prebuilt Alienware X51 R2

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020
Site being weird so i'll just list them

Ryzen 5 1600x (12nm)
MSI b450 Tomahawk
EVGA GTX 2060 Super
G.Skill Ripjaw V 16gb kit DDR4-3000
Thermaltake Smart BX1 500w 80+ Bronze
WD 550 M.2 500gb
WD 1tb HHD

Apr 25, 2020
i have 3 different monitors
  • Dell 2470DFP Dvi connector
  • DLED32 (has a foreign logo on it) (maybe blush is also in the name after a google serch)
  • Asus Rog Strix XG27VQ (just received this today)
All of them get no display

I've plugged all 3 of those into the gpu and the 1st to into the IO/S. The Dell will immediately go into power save mode as soon as contact is made regardless if it's turned on or not but will stay on indefinitely if it's not plugged into anything. I've been using the 1st two for the past 6 years w/o a problem on my Alienware.

Apr 25, 2020
From fiddling with it today again i somehow got the cpu to recognize it was in (maybe i screwed in the fan harder than every previous time?) and found out also that my front 2 ram slots are defective (aka wont read either of my 2 sticks of ram) but it will read the last 2 slots. When i have the last slot filled it will say that it's not optimized for use, so would it be better to only have 1 slot used (till i get my motherboard replaced) or use both?