Question 2.1 or good 2.0 PC speaker setup?

Jan 20, 2020
Seeing as how I can hardly find any threads related to PC speaker setups, are they even still relevant anymore ? Lol.
I mainly listen to what I’m doing with currently a Logitech Z323(?) setup. I don’t play twitchy games(i.e. CoD, BFV, Fortnite,etc), I mainly play ARPGS and racing games, so I don’t have any reason to need headphones. Also, I can’t hear when the wife is calling for me if I’m wearing headphones. I have a set of Arctis 7’s I use when I’m streaming that’s about it.
So, the question is, what is a good set of either a 2.1 setup that’s better than these old Z323’s or a really good 2.0 setup for say ... $100USD? I’ve eyed the Razer Nomma setup, I like my Ornata Chroma keyboard and Deathadder mouse, the brand integration would be a plus I guess. What options are there?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Seeing as how I can hardly find any threads related to PC speaker setups, are they even still relevant anymore ? Lol.
I mainly listen to what I’m doing with currently a Logitech Z323(?) setup. I don’t play twitchy games(i.e. CoD, BFV, Fortnite,etc), I mainly play ARPGS and racing games, so I don’t have any reason to need headphones. Also, I can’t hear when the wife is calling for me if I’m wearing headphones. I have a set of Arctis 7’s I use when I’m streaming that’s about it.
So, the question is, what is a good set of either a 2.1 setup that’s better than these old Z323’s or a really good 2.0 setup for say ... $100USD? I’ve eyed the Razer Nomma setup, I like my Ornata Chroma keyboard and Deathadder mouse, the brand integration would be a plus I guess. What options are there?

Hi @Phaetos42

I read as far as "2.1 or good 2.0 PC speaker setup?" and instantly started typing out that I had an old set of Logitech Z323's and that they still rocked. I even went so far as to open up Amazon to get a link when I read the rest of your post and then LOL'ed. :)

The Razor Nommo's got good reviews and while I don't have them (again LOL!) I did hear (no pun intended) that they were good. Walmart seems to be the cheapest atm with them being $99. The Bose Companion 2 Series III is another nice choice @ $99 as well. I heard these in action at a local BestBuy awhile back. They thumped. (as far as a 2.0 could thump) Another nice setup is the Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II coming in at roughly $65.

If you have a local store on your end, you might want to go and have a listen yourself. Actually, I'd suggest you do that over any other suggestion as I'm sure everyone here could suggest a great 2.0 or 2.1 system, but everyone's idea of "good" differs. I'm no audiophile so what I think sounds great might be "meh" to the next person. Go to a local electronics store where you live and then listen to the speaker systems they have setup. Any & every electronics store worth their salt will have a few speaker set setup for you to try. Once you find one you like (Or the Razor brand) buy it.

Let us know what you end up getting!

Last edited:

For $100 you won't have a really good setup but good enough to be better than what you have.

The Logitech THX 2.1 Z623 set is $100, used Klipsh pro media will be in the $100 or less range, Edifier R1280T are good for $100 (clear sound but won't have the low end the 2.1 setups will). Have not heard how the Razer speakers sound like, so look at some reviews and see if you like what they say about them. I got a set of JBL 104 speakers for myself but that is as much for the form factor as sound, they sound good, but I like the smaller design and the oval shape as much as the sound quality. I use them as headphone stands hehe, they are the speakers in this pic (which is my actual setup). The bag on the left is Snyder's pretzels if you want to integrate that into your setup as well :)

JS6BeFcVYXhXUHPMwcPc1KqAhAUjOgIAlyDGbaQBZseXdQiJBUYX1mHscNgt0-fDHWbgP_RqeOulXIT4_KI8Orhh0S7rjKlMKI9Qw_1oa5-bgQn1cHR3vJpgqHM-UahBDVu_pmllMyU4_PrAoa8aQUaqRzuzUKbVw0xJ1YezJSLWNq3LcQFJdue4xo7ZL6QDISJ3lcvoarSoWwlkzqwE_mn3-Kb6wkQ0LZTg_woOgRTuOpbWF3sWM8kBMjYbFwRlLa7hru0YpTuGmIUmm2Pr0YU4mHOWLrezQkOMLpTXHTLmk_wH9v97eLy9-2h8g4bdZAsVH1qaBxIgB5Oaj4XYchsf4ZQt40b2cRXP2yjzD6tcILQyJk_ERXjwzA0VCdwEeTl-HJUbT7IJEzGChmmb2kFj1kFwfzMlGc_czdZM9QCsX3jp-Bdwk0ze9CUiLwgyM9qcrbNjJ6vGY6lMFIsOYKIg_N-_UoiSoKQY9myBazyW-zgPtZ6BLZpzhqytYJ2AQ-rucm1GCSKfV1TAwuso8pELZczE-_PnC3Jabf1IGieCtg1LwaEoZ8LZcb5w9MQjJcFIUl_AOcTGGXDdE3zbEB_2FFa87Sq8E8MoOoF5KvWF-lgxP_9t4jEc5nmLPWzaYud824MY4_2oQANAMRipMPLC2a5GHSND2fODB9k04DSiPJsTvaBRvuZO6oipDq53waHUwnBKjeNsiEga7N3T-sMUF8KBgNGqT-w8pIrA_x2PE_sy=w698-h322-no

Jan 20, 2020
Hi @Phaetos42

I read as far as "2.1 or good 2.0 PC speaker setup?" and instantly started typing out that I had an old set of Logitech Z323's and that they still rocked. I even went so far as to open up Amazon to get a link when I read the rest of your post and then LOL'ed. :)

The Razor Nommo's got good reviews and while I don't have them (again LOL!) I did hear (no pun intended) that they were good. Walmart seems to be the cheapest atm with them being $99. The Bose Companion 2 Series III is another nice choice @ $99 as well. I heard these in action at a local BestBuy awhile back. They thumped. (as far as a 2.0 could thump) Another nice setup is the Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II coming in at roughly $65.

If you have a local store on your end, you might want to go and have a listen yourself. Actually, I'd suggest you do that over any other suggestion as I'm sure everyone here could suggest a great 2.0 or 2.1 system, but everyone's idea of "good" differs. I'm no audiophile so what I think sounds great might be "meh" to the next person. Go to a local electronics store where you live and then listen to the speaker systems they have setup. Any & every electronics store worth their salt will have a few speaker set setup for you to try. Once you find one you like (Or the Razor brand) buy it.

Let us know what you end up getting!
Yeh the z323 are ok, but are sounding muddy on the low end and are having volume issues when I turn them on, meaning I turn the knob and I can immediately hear from the right side but have to turn more to get left side. In fact all frequencies on it seem to be just muddled together without any separation anymore.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Yeh the z323 are ok, but are sounding muddy on the low end and are having volume issues when I turn them on, meaning I turn the knob and I can immediately hear from the right side but have to turn more to get left side. In fact all frequencies on it seem to be just muddled together without any separation anymore.

Yep, definitely sounds like it's time to replace them then. Let us know what you end up going with!

Jan 20, 2020
Went to BestBuy yesterday. Yuck on speaker selection. Best thing they had was a Logitech 2.1 Bluetooth setup. It sounded ok, but there was some kind of distortion or connection issue with the demo music being played. Or maybe the demo music was just crap to start with. Lol. Either way, garbage. There’s just no where around here that has a good selection of pc speakers to look at. Guess I’ll end up ordering a set of the Razer Nomma’s from BestBuy, just because they have a 14day return policy.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Went to BestBuy yesterday. Yuck on speaker selection. Best thing they had was a Logitech 2.1 Bluetooth setup. It sounded ok, but there was some kind of distortion or connection issue with the demo music being played. Or maybe the demo music was just crap to start with. Lol. Either way, garbage. There’s just no where around here that has a good selection of pc speakers to look at. Guess I’ll end up ordering a set of the Razer Nomma’s from BestBuy, just because they have a 14day return policy.

Sometimes Walmart or Target has speaker systems setup to try. The same if there is a Fry's Electronics by you. No other Audio/Video stores around you huh? Bummer. :(

Well, let us know how the Razer's sound when they arrive.

Jan 20, 2020
Sometimes Walmart or Target has speaker systems setup to try. The same if there is a Fry's Electronics by you. No other Audio/Video stores around you huh? Bummer. :(

Well, let us know how the Razer's sound when they arrive.

Yeh, not much options. No Fry's, no MicroCenter, nowhere really that sells mainstream PC products except for BestBuy and all Wal-Mart has setup is some Logitech crap.

You don't need "pc speakers", any speaker will work with a computer. A lot of people use powered studio monitors on their computers (like me). Only issue may be with a 2.1 setup, almost all of those are marketed as computer speakers.