[SOLVED] 2 8-pins

Solution
I don’t think my cpu cable fits because it’s 8 pins and the thing on the side will interfere… in the manual of the motherboard there was a 4 pin power cable...

If your PSU is Corsair RM750x as you stated above, then you must have two CPU power cables with 4+4 pin connectors. At least that is written in your PSU manual. Connect first one with to CPU_PWR1 socket (with both sides together) on motherboard. And one 4-pin half of other cable connector into CPU_PWR2 socket. Are it is too difficult?

Oh wait, I saw someone with the same problem and someone answered “The +4 pins are for extreme overclocking.”

Don't bother and connect both cables. You will be happy to be free of random glitches in very power slurping games...
the cable on the right should be the 24 pin for the motherboard. The cable on the left has an 8 pin that plugs into the PSU and then has what looks to be 2 6+2 plugs on it.

If you can tell us the make and model of the PSU we could help you out more.

f2Y0aU6.png

You should have 2 of the cables on the left in your picture, plug them both in and use 1 6+2 plug on each cable and plug them into the GPU

for the motherboard you will use both of the 4+4 cables. if you look at the end you can ether attach both 4+4 to make an 8 pin or leave them apart and only use one of the 4 pins, you just leave the other 4 pin part of the plug hang there.

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
for the motherboard you will use both of the 4+4 cables. if you look at the end you can ether attach both 4+4 to make an 8 pin or leave them apart and only use one of the 4 pins, you just leave the other 4 pin part of the plug hang there.
I can’t plug the cpu cable. do you think I should remove this big ass cooler and just use the stock cooler of i7-10700?

I can’t plug the cpu cable. do you think I should remove this big ass cooler and just use the stock cooler of i7-10700?

Why you can't plug CPU cable? Which cooler you are using?

From picture it seems like Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. I have it - not that bad to plug in CPU power cable(s). However you should do that before cooler mounting. Otherwise cable replugging is quite difficult - but possible. Already did that once ;)

Skip stock cooler - it is sad excuse of cooler FTW.

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019

From picture it seems like Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. I have it - not that bad to plug in CPU power cable(s). However you should do that before cooler mounting. Otherwise cable replugging is quite difficult - but possible. Already did that once ;)
I don’t think my cpu cable fits because it’s 8 pins and the thing on the side will interfere… in the manual of the motherboard there was a 4 pin power cable...

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019

Skip stock cooler - it is sad excuse of cooler FTW.
Oh wait, I saw someone with the same problem and someone answered “The +4 pins are for extreme overclocking.”

If your PSU is Corsair RM750x as you stated above, then you must have two CPU power cables with 4+4 pin connectors. At least that is written in your PSU manual. Connect first one with to CPU_PWR1 socket (with both sides together) on motherboard. And one 4-pin half of other cable connector into CPU_PWR2 socket. Are it is too difficult?

Don't bother and connect both cables. You will be happy to be free of random glitches in very power slurping games later.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS