2 bridge connectors for 3 monitors?

hockeyplayer12

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Im not too computer savy but I will do my best to explain my problem. I appreciate any help in advance, thanks. ok, i have 3 monitors hooked up to 1100 watts, 2 geforce 8800 video cards and an intell 2 quad. I currently have 1 sli bridge connecting the 2 cards. When i power on everything works 100% fine for approx 4-6 mins then one monitor goes black, the whole system reboots and the monitor that wentblack flashes saying no signal. the system reboots and only recognizes 2 monitors. If u shut down and walk away for 40mins, start up all 3 work fine then 4-6mins in same problem. could this be solved by adding a 2nd bridge connector to stabilize the 2 video cards? Im lost, any help would be awesome. thanks

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I was under the impression that when using 8800 in SLI, you cannot use more than 2 monitors with the given display outputs. You should be able to use 3 monitors if you disable SLI and use the video cards individually. In fact, i think Nvidia is going to fix this with Fermi which will allow for up to 3 or more monitors while in SLI...

hockeyplayer12

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Under my 3D settings there is no option for SLI Configuration. Under 3D settings i have mange 3D settings and theres no mention of SLI there either. Im running Windows Vista im not sure if this is my problem? I notice when the 3rd monitor blacksout theres a high pitched humm coming from my pc case, is this bad? Ijustdont get why all 3 work for a few mins then 1 shuts down and only 2 work. im only playing poker online not hardcore gaming, if anyone has any suggestions im game to try ANYTHING. Thanks