[SOLVED] 2 high quality psus, 1 for mobo, one for gpu, overclock intensive.

Dec 14, 2021
so to start, this is the list of what im running.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/i12b1337plz/saved/ZCCTYJ

im wanting to use a spare EVGA supernova 750w gold psu that i have aside from my build thats practically brand new, to power my gpu solely since im drawing a lot of power with my overclocks atm.

havent really dabbled in that sort of dual psu game myself, wanted a few opinions on the matter if anyone would spare the time :)

Last edited:
Solution
I agree. When you start adding in adapters you're just adding more fail points in a place where you REALLY don't want any. Get a better, single unit.

-Wolf sends
Dec 14, 2021
I agree. When you start adding in adapters you're just adding more fail points in a place where you REALLY don't want any. Get a better, single unit.

-Wolf sends
thank you, i absolutely agree. its a shame to have such a nice psu just kind of sitting here though, hasnt been used for more than a month at most lol. looks like im in the market for a nice 1200w platinum psu then :D

Dec 14, 2021
Utilize it for something else lol, Corsair RM850x is perfectly capable of powering your current build.

Upgrade for what ?
at 5.4ghz all 10 cores on the i9-10900k, aswell as a 3080 ti currently being shipped my way, im well past the 850w limit of this psu once it gets here, nonetheless im cutting it close as it is. with a 2080 super at a 40% OC

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
at 5.4ghz all 10 cores on the i9-10900k
Got your forever supply of LN2 too, i guess ? Either way, OC'd to the brim it would be like 300W power draw at most, likely way lower than that outside of stress tests in actual real-world use cases. Combined with ~350W power draw of RTX3080Ti, that's about 700W sustained whole system power draw in the worst case scenario. As long as RM850x can sustain transient power draw peaks and works perfectly otherwise - you don't need to change it.