2 monitors question

Labeller

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Can I use 2 differents monitor (1080p 144hz) and (1440p 144hz) on one card? 1440p with display port and 1080p with Dvi-D ? I have a gtx 980 Ti Strix and Ben Q xl2411z and i want yo buy the Asus ROG PG278Q.

Solution
There's several different ways to use multiple monitors. The most common is extended desktop, which h windows treats as 1 very long desktop, but still retains primary and secondary for actual Windows themselves. Like having 1 desktop but split into 2. The other common way is through use of amd eyefinity or nvidia surround but they pretty much require identical monitors, since it's considered truly 1 desktop, no splits.

I'm running a 1920x1080 primary and a 1024x768 secondary on 2 different pc's, no issues. Just requires a little setup adjustment in control panel to set primary and secondary monitors with their respective resolutions.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's several different ways to use multiple monitors. The most common is extended desktop, which h windows treats as 1 very long desktop, but still retains primary and secondary for actual Windows themselves. Like having 1 desktop but split into 2. The other common way is through use of amd eyefinity or nvidia surround but they pretty much require identical monitors, since it's considered truly 1 desktop, no splits.

I'm running a 1920x1080 primary and a 1024x768 secondary on 2 different pc's, no issues. Just requires a little setup adjustment in control panel to set primary and secondary monitors with their respective resolutions.

Solution