Question 2 motherboards and still no bios or even a screen

Dec 9, 2019
Hello,

i am stuck, i have had 2 motherboards:
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (AMD Ryzen AM4/M.2 Thermal Guard with Onboard WIFI/HDMI/DVI/USB 3.1 Gen 2/DDR4/ATX/Motherboard)
and
MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Gaming Plus)

and both times none ever get to bios., or for that matter, none ever shows up anything on the screen. I tried a video card:
Sapphire 11289-06-20G Radeon Pulse RX 590 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI/ DVI-D/ Dual DP w/ Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphic Cards

but it never goes on, no screen all blank, my 24 inch hdmi connection never goes, i plug another computer, and the screen comes on fine with same HDMI cable. I remove the video card and use the onboard video card on both motherboards and none ever comes up.

Here is the other hardware below, i am stuck and need really really really help :(
memory:
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2666 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB (8GBx4) CL16 BLS4K8G4D26BFSBK (Gray)
I tried using 2 sticks, then 1 stick (though its duel channel so that wont work), and i dont have another spare ram because i cant jump go out and buy more memory whenever i want.

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler

power Supply:
EVGA 850 Bq, 80+ Bronze 850W, Semi Modular, 5 Year Warranty, Includes Free Power On Self Tester, Power Supply 110-BQ-0850-V1

M2 1tb:
XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB PCIe 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 NVMe 1.3 R/W up to 2100/1500MB/s SSD (ASX6000PNP-1TT-C)

2 additional hard drives.
2 of WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EZEX

PC case:
NZXT H510 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Cable Management System - Water-Cooling Ready - Steel Construction - Black

Please let me know if you need anything else, I am at my wits END!!!!! :(

if its CPU or memory? i dont know what or how to test?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Agreed

1. The BIOS probably needs updating in order to run the third gen Ryzen processor
  2. I remove the video card and use the onboard video card on both motherboards and none ever comes up.

The Ryzen 3600 processor does not have integrated graphics. Even if everything else was working as intended, you will never get an image from the motherboard outputs.

-Wolf sends

oughtsix

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Did you plug a power cable into your graphics card? Sorry for the stupid suggestion but this is an easy one to forget... been there, done that.

As mentioned above the on motherboard video will never work with your processor because your processor does not have an integrated GPU.

Dec 9, 2019
Hello Everyone, thank you for all your replies, i am got funds and ordered new sticks of ram, to se if that will work.... crossing fingers if this will, wont get them till this friday, so hopefully i can give good news that day :( also for oughtsix, thank you, no dumb question, always good to double check everything, and yes, i did make sure there was a a power cable to the video card, I even went ahead and tried 2 different power cables to make sure, and the fans are spinning, so there is power to it.

Dec 9, 2019
k, @Wolfshadw i am trying to find steps on how to flash/upgrade the BIOS with a blank screen... and it doesn't even say on the documentation that i have, is there a button or something on the board to do that when i turn it on?

Wolfshadw

Titan
k, @Wolfshadw i am trying to find steps on how to flash/upgrade the BIOS with a blank screen... and it doesn't even say on the documentation that i have, is there a button or something on the board to do that when i turn it on?

Depends on which motherboard. One of the two you had listed has a BIOS Flashback button which will allow you to update the BIOS without a 2nd Gen CPU. The other board will require a 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen Processor to be installed before you can update the BIOS, I'd recommend taking your board to a local shop to see if they can assist you with the BIOS update. If you don't have one nearby, then there is an AMD Loaner Program. They will loan you a low-end CPU that allows you to update the BIOS.

oh shoot are you serious?????!!!! what a waste.... i think if this is become more complicated, i will stick with intel.

The same scenarios exists with Intel processors as well. You need to familiarize yourself with motherboard support pages. They tell you what processors are compatible and what BIOS versions are required for those processors. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing what BIOS version is installed on any given board, so you have to assume that the earliest version is installed.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: TJ Hooker

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I have read that many times on several forms that ni order to even flash the Bios youd need a Gen 2 Chip installed .. as it wont even see a Gen 3 till it is flashed. you would need a Gen 2 installed long enough to flash Bios then you could install the Gen 3 chip , (this is why I stayed with Gen 2 with my B450 board