[SOLVED] 2 out of 3 devices cannot connect to WiFi

Apr 2, 2020
Last night, my personal PC and my mobile phone is connected to wifi smoothly. While watching NetFlix on my laptop it suddenly got disconnected from wifi and I cannot re-connect again. I checked my phone and it got disconnected too. For both devices, it is having invalid password error from then on. I tried my office laptop and it was connecting pretty fine as usual; same goes for my other housemates, so the password isn't the issue. I already did the following actions to no avail:
  • forget network
  • reset network settings
  • reboot the devices
  • turn off the wifi router and modem
Please help! This is getting so frustrating now and I cannot find any answers from the net.

Solution
I would try plugging the laptop in with a cable, also insure that your devices are using an N connection 2.4GHz (or 5GHz on some plans) as AC is not supported. Insure that you are using the same security protocol as the router.

That Aztech DSL7002GRV(S) is a pretty old device, perhaps there is a firmware update. Also contact your provider for advice as it happened suddenly to two devices simultaneously out of many, which is unusual.

My go to option would be a hard reset of the Aztech DSL7002GRV(S) and setting it up all over, which may be an issue with housemates. Quite sure none of them accessed it?

RealBeast

Titan
It may help if you list the problem device and router models.
If you can see the devices in the router you can try giving them a reserved dynamic address, if you cannot then try giving them a static address from the device end and using the router IP address as the gateway address.
If the notebook is a PC you can use THIS simple free MAC spoofing tool that often fixes such issues by making the hardware MAC appear different in the OS and allow it to reconnect.

Apr 2, 2020
It may help if you list the problem device and router models.
If you can see the devices in the router you can try giving them a reserved dynamic address, if you cannot then try giving them a static address from the device end and using the router IP address as the gateway address.
If the notebook is a PC you can use THIS simple free MAC spoofing tool that often fixes such issues by making the hardware MAC appear different in the OS and allow it to reconnect.

The devices on problem are: iPhone 11 Pro Max and Asus laptop TP300L. Router model is Aztech DSL7002GRV(S).

I cannot see these devices on my router settings. I've also tried to give my laptop static address and/or change it's MAC address but it still is displaying "Can't connect to this network" error after entering the Wi-Fi password.

RealBeast

Titan
I would try plugging the laptop in with a cable, also insure that your devices are using an N connection 2.4GHz (or 5GHz on some plans) as AC is not supported. Insure that you are using the same security protocol as the router.

That Aztech DSL7002GRV(S) is a pretty old device, perhaps there is a firmware update. Also contact your provider for advice as it happened suddenly to two devices simultaneously out of many, which is unusual.

My go to option would be a hard reset of the Aztech DSL7002GRV(S) and setting it up all over, which may be an issue with housemates. Quite sure none of them accessed it?

Solution