Question 2 out of 4 ram slots are not working on my Intel motherboard ?

Dec 8, 2023
Rececntly i've upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, ram and gpu. The plan was to use my 8gb ram from my old setup into the new setup which has 8 installed, but when i tried to put my 8 gb ram into the Slot 1 and Slot 2 of the motherboard my pc would not recognize the ram installed into my first two slots. I tried every combination of slots like 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 1 and 4 but nothing. My bios always recognizes slots 3 and 4 ram sticks. Any idea of what is causing the problem? The ram is working fine, might it be motherboard faults?
I've tried bios reset with the CSMOS battery.

Info:
Windows 10
Motherboard : Intel DQ57TM
2 rams sticks currently in my pc :Kingston PC3-10700 DDR3 1333 x 2
2 ram sticks i want to place inside: Takems 4gb ddr3 1333 x2

update the BIOS
did you try both sets of RAM in the slot combinations you wrote? or only one set (2x RAM)?try using only one RAM in all slots

check the motherboard´s CPU socket if pins are bent the wrong way or are missing

Dec 8, 2023
update the BIOS
did you try both sets of RAM in the slot combinations you wrote? or only one set (2x RAM)?try using only one RAM in all slots

check the motherboard´s CPU socket if pins are bent the wrong way or are missing
i tried, may it be beacause of my CPU? i got an Intel I7 870?

Ram issues like this are often caused by bent pins in the cpu socket.
It is all too easy to do if you did not drop the chip in cleanly.
They are hard to detect, but can often be nudged back into place with a needle.

Another potential issue is that you have mismatched ram.
Ram must come from the same matched kit to operate as specified.
Intel is tolerant of mismatched ram and increasing the ram voltage in the bios can fix some issues.

Dec 8, 2023
Ram issues like this are often caused by bent pins in the cpu socket.
It is all too easy to do if you did not drop the chip in cleanly.
They are hard to detect, but can often be nudged back into place with a needle.

Another potential issue is that you have mismatched ram.
Ram must come from the same matched kit to operate as specified.
Intel is tolerant of mismatched ram and increasing the ram voltage in the bios can fix some issues.
I dont suspect that is the cause because i tested all my ram slots and all of them work, same with the ram. I think its the CPU fault since it only can have one dual channel memory at one time or something, i will get myself x2 8 gb ram sticks and try it out