Question 20 FPS only on fullscreen in older games (eg Stalker and DmC Devil may Cry)

Oct 13, 2021
Sorry for my bad english here

So I am out of options and I dont want to reinstall the system. Games run smoothly when in windowed and borderless windowed but sadly there is a BIG problem when some of them are turned on in fullscreen for no apparent reason. I've only havent tried reinstalling whole windows system (reinstalled the drivers, tried doing stuff in BIOS.... Nothing). The problem seems to occur only in games that are running on DX9 but not all of them what is even funnier. Even turning everything off in background didnt work. Only solution seems to be multiple restarts of the PC and it may or may not work or break all programs on the machine
MY SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB of DDR4 ram
1tb toshiba p300 HDD
120gb SP SSD
RX570 4gb
500W BeQuiet power supply
AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 motherboard
Some old LG CD Drive that is almost always off

Make sure you have the Dx files needed for the games you're having problems with (usually located in a redist folder in the main game directory). I would also do a complete SFC scan.

You didn't state what OS you're running, but if on W10, and maybe even W7, you may have to run older games in one of it's compatibility modes.

Lastly, some older games require an older GPU driver to run well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

Oct 13, 2021
Make sure you have the Dx files needed for the games you're having problems with (usually located in a redist folder in the main game directory). I would also do a complete SFC scan.

You didn't state what OS you're running, but if on W10, and maybe even W7, you may have to run older games in one of it's compatibility modes.

Lastly, some older games require an older GPU driver to run well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca
I have done SFC scan. It states it fixed some corrupted files and then nothing. Also older drivers dont change anything (I've tried older ones from 2018-2019) and compatibility mode also doesnt do antyhing. I have crapton of redists installed and I have used installer from game files to try fixing DirectX problems if any occur.